Foosball.com Forums

thinking of buying a table t2000 F5?

Offline marty

Re: thinking of buying a table t2000 F5?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »
was the anniversary virsion a 2003 table only it seems to me i read that some where the first gray marble coin opp

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 04:55:41 PM »
bbtuna - did you contact florida foosball about the tables they have for sale?  if so what was the deal with them?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 04:56:53 PM »
that may be right but I am not sure...if it came out in 2003 it was late 2003 and it was out through 2004...it may have come out in 2004 and through 2005 which is the way I seem to remember but I could be wrong...easiest thing to do is ask Charles M...it doesn't really matter because it could be an anniversary table either way...just ask...you don't want that table...outside of the current F5 crap, it was the least liked table they have made

now, i dislike the rosewood more but that is just me but most people really didn't like it

again, just ask CM, he can and will tell you

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2008, 05:33:45 PM »
Charles, did you ever decide whether you were buying all of Diaz's tables? I currently have a 99 Blonde which doesn't play like the grey marbles at Stratford so practicing does me little good, its just a funzy table now. I wonder what shipping would be from FLA to 63366? I know it would be a $100 for gas for the 450 mile roundtrip to Kansas City but then I would still have to reimburse you for what it cost you to ship that far. Any thoughts?

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 06:59:18 PM »
now i'm confused, i asked if it was the anniversary edition, and here's the response I got:

"This is the later model.  It has the current surface, which is slightly slicker that the ‘03’s and ‘04’s."

so how many different surfaces are there?  after 04 the surface got slicker?  so all 2005-2007 tables are that way?  I think it won't make that big a deal to me, i don't plan on playing tournaments, this is just a table to learn and have fun on for me.

I asked about the men and rods and the rods are heat treated and men are not nylon, so should be good.  I think I'll be happy with it.  I'll update when I get it setup, can't wait. 

Offline marty

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »
foosit , the table i got was a 2005 table got it in 2006 used in a tounament once. a great table, i think you will be happy with it
in fact a bar in town got a brand new coin opp about 6 months
ago it seems slower to me, the surface is a little lighter green
then mine, i sure am happy with mine, also theres a old brown
marble in town with red slick balls, that table playes real good
hope my table plays that good at that age. anyway i'm sure you
will enjoy

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 08:36:19 PM »
foosit,

that is good...by current model I am sure he means before the F5 so u are in good shape...you will be very happy with your table...great choice...enjoy...keep us all up to date after you get it and how you warm up to it

remember you will have certain expectations when you first get he table...try and squash those and give yourself time to warm up to the table and get to know it

after a short time, you will really like the table

happy foosin

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »
Playing surfaces 101

There are 2 manufactures of custom high pressure Laminate that I know Tornado has used in the past, they are:

Wilson-Art
Pionite

The original 1981 spec for the surface was that of Wilson-Art 40 sheen with a sandblast texture.  However over time and after Dynamo bought Tornado, they changed to Pionite on the first Dynamo built tables, later they changed back to Wilson-Artor maybe to Nevamar on the blonde table series.  Pionite has always been the cheapest of the three and there spec is not 40 sheen but more like 75 or 80 sheen.  Pionite doesn't have a sandblast texture either, it is called eggshell.  The Pionite Hpl is slick dark green even though the color of the laminate has nothing to do with how slick it is.

Today I beleave the Mexican tables are using something similar to Pionite. The coin-ops are still made in Fort Worth and I beleave the surface is made currently by Wilson-Art.  Wilson-Art is my preferred material.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »
nice post, i love that kind of thing...i am a total looser who needs to get a life...I find talk about surface material for foosball tables enjoyable...soo sad...I am going out for a drink and some foosball

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 06:37:09 PM »
oh, and I am going to be going over the surface of the grey marble and brown marble i will play on tonight as well as tomorrow i am checkin the rosewood i have at home

i know the darker green you are talking about...that is the one that was on the Anniversary model

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2008, 12:07:37 AM »
got my table all set up, I put a picture in the first post.   thanks everyone for all the advice

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2008, 10:14:14 AM »
Congratulations, looks great...what a time, getting a new table is great

go slow and keep your expectations as low as possible and in a very short time you will really apprecaite what you have...very good choice

again

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
 HAVE A FUN WEEKEND WITH THE NEW TOY