Foosball.com Forums

How do I start a tournament in my area?

How do I start a tournament in my area?
« on: December 29, 2004, 10:02:07 PM »
Has anyone started a tournament in their area? Who are the contacts, venues and what kind of cash prizes are needed to draw the right players. What kind of process is it? Lengthy? Can one get started quickly?
Any help here would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: How do I start a tournament in my area?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 08:18:43 PM »
==== Basic Steps to Consider ====
Find a table location (home/bar/gameroom/retailer/sports arena/public park)..
ideally a 2+table location but you can start with 1 table.

Commit to making 1 recurring foos time at this location (every wed from 8 to 11pm at the bar / every tuesday noon to 2pm at the college game room / 1st saturday of each month at your local retailer)

Pick a format for the recurring foos event (practice time / beat the pro / king of the hill challenge / fun foos / social foos with foos videos on tv / tournaments)

Get the word out to increase turnout (flyers, flyers, flyers in strategic locations)

Follow through on the committment ... post flyers, show up at the recurring time...

Keep things flexible and fun.. and change the format if need be...  you'll want to have 8 or so regulars before you start the all to typical DYP tournaments....   some of our more fun events are just playing pickup games....  winners usually stay on the table and choose format of next game, challengers have to pay quarters if it's coin op location....  add a small wager like $1 a game if that works for your crew.

==== Advanced Steps to Consider! ====
Operate your own foosball tables (coin op, or time play tables) if you have a tough time finding decent tables in your area.

Work a deal with a public foos location in your area that NEEDS you to maintain the table and launch promotions for them.   They should be able to make it a win-win with you... if you needs are minimal.

later... JimW

p.s. this is one area where we really want to dive in and help folks get started promoting foos locally

Offline patrickseaman

• Storm II
Re: How do I advertise on foosball.com. and show proflies of players
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 08:10:15 PM »
I have a dig camera, but I have not really set up a web site before.  I could probably figue it out, but need some help.

Patrick seaman in El Paso.