Foosball.com Forums

Information on Table Changes

Re: Information on Table Changes
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 03:20:15 PM »
nice

Re: Information on Table Changes
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 09:44:41 PM »
bbtuna - about your comments on the new bearings and balls.

The explanation you gave for the decision to alter the bearings to fix the wall passes (rather than the bumper) makes sense, assuming one thing - that the bearing functions just as well (or better) than the old design.  The reason I say this is because the current thickness of the bearing (on the inside wall) is quite thin.  I can't help but wonder if reducing this thickness could have some negative result in durability, or even playability.  Assuming this is done without causing such sacrifice then it seems fine.

On the balls - the first thing that comes to my mind is not really the playability of the balls in "new" form, but in "used" form.  What I mean is, will the "softer" balls wear out much faster?  Also, will the new balls play better when they are a little worn than the older ones do?

These are just concerns, and I don't have any idea whether they've been considered or not.

Either way, it is nice to know that they are making the effort to improve the game, instead of continuing down the road of cutting corners.    :o