Foosball.com Forums

Fix for cupped surface Frig's

Offline EDGEER

Fix for cupped surface Frig's
« on: April 25, 2008, 02:18:39 PM »
I talked to a couple guys (Chris Forsyth and partner) at the US Open about different ways to fix warped or may I say cupped playing surfaces on 2005 and later T2000's.  Here is what I have came up with.

1.  Get some small blocks of 3/4" plywood.  I used 9-ply baltic birch from Home-Depot.  I cut them in 1 1/2" squares.
2. Drill a 9/32" hole in the center and screw in a 5/16" x 1" bolt.

3. Apply double stick carpet tape to the reverse side.  Trim it with a razor blade.

4.  Lift the lid on the table.  Remove the backing of the double stick tape and place the blocks bolt-head down in the center of the ball return rail.

5. Lower the lid and push down in the center of the table between the 5-bars to make contact to the blocks beneath.  Lift the lid and press firm the blocks that have adhered to the underside of the playing surface.  If the blocks did not make contact with the playing surface,  back the bolt out until all 4 blocks are adhered to the playing surface.   

6.  Using a combination of coins measure the distance between the surface and the man along the edge.  On my table it was 1-quarter, 1-nickle, 1-dime, and 1-penny or .41 cents.   

7. Using these coins as a guild adjust the bolts on the blocks until all the men are the same distance.

This took me less than 30-min to do.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:57:50 AM by EDGEER »

Re: Fix for cupped surface Frig's
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:33:07 PM »
fix picture links?

Offline Daniel

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 05:21:01 PM »
The pics look ok to me.

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 12:14:16 AM »
Did you get the pics to come up Redterror?

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
Bump...

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 02:39:32 AM »
To anyone who tries this, took a bit of a evening tinkering ti get it right, but helped a ton. Much better than the cash and hassle of replacing field. Only issue I ran into was thelittle play in the lock. The new internal pressure held it slightly open, mayne a 16th of an inch, but tiny shims and electric tape in the hole seems to have fixed that right up. I'll post more result in a week or so to make sure it lasts and doesn't cause any problems. Thank you Edgeer.