Foosball.com Forums

Folding Foosball Table?

Folding Foosball Table?
« on: July 17, 2008, 07:14:07 PM »
So I've always wanted my own table.... to practice on, to play people on, to spend my time on.

but the thing is that my apartment is too small to fit a full size table all the time.

I've been thinking this over since I was recently given the opportunity to purchase a Tornado Coin-op for about 550 (probably about 6 years old or so) that was in beautiful condition... and I really wanted it, but I could, in no way, justify the purchase since I didn't have anywhere to put it. That's when I started thinking that a folding foosball table would fit my bill almost completely. I could store it on the wall or under my bed when i'm not using it, then bust it out other times.

Researching on the internet, I the only folding foosball table to be the Rock-It Metallica Folding (http://www.tablesoccer.com/ts_html/Rock-it%20fodable.htm). Now I'm extremely unfamiliar table brands. I know Tornado, because it's what I play on, I know Dynamo because we have one on work (though it has a pin broken on every bar), I've heard of Bonzini, Tecball, and Warrior from hearing about the competitions on those tables. So is Rock-It as foreign to everyone else as it is to me or does someone have any experience dealing with it? I don't really want to buy a table that will throw my balance all out of whack (as of now, I only really understand Tornado tables).

So what do you think?

Offline marty

Re: Folding Foosball Table?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:27:43 PM »
this might be an idea have a custon top for your table , to be your table then have it for ya can easly take off and play foose i have see pichures of this and they do look nice only thing they might be to heavy for one person to lift off

Offline Welch

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »
terrible grammar marty, lol... but yeah, thats a good idea, most of the time the "lift off" style of table is usually bumper pool table or a card table... but another idea is just have folding legs installed to your table, be in mind they would have to be sturdy enough to support 300+ pounds, but that would probably be your best bet, cause the tops of the tables come off pretty easy with 2 people and you could store that under your bed, then just fold up the bottom and shove it in the closet. but please dont buy that rock table if your at all serious about playing the game

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 03:14:37 AM »
I don't know about putting a full-size table on folding legs... first of all that doesn't seem very safe and it doesn't really seem like it'd save much room either.