Foosball.com Forums

converting to a 1 man goalie ??

converting to a 1 man goalie ??
« on: March 06, 2009, 11:41:11 PM »
Just now getting back into foosball. bought a table and put it together and realized it was a little different from the table i played on growing up. my new table has 3 goalies, i am used to playing with 1 goalie with ramped corners. is it possible to convert to a 1 man goalie with ramped corners?, if so where can i find these parts or can i just do it myself and make some ramps and then remove 2 goalies? ... do they even make foosball tables with 1 man goalies anymore? thanks for your time and any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: converting to a 1 man goalie ??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 12:06:35 AM »
Hey HellBound,

Use the "Search" function on this board and do a search for the last 20 or so threads/topics on "FRAMPS" and the ongoing Euro ITSF campaign to rid US Tornado tables of those "wingers" that has worked so well for over 2 decades in North America.  Well enough to have several US players weaned on those tables to get 2nd and 3rd in the recent World Singles Championships, to have fellow Tornado-winger playing Brits win the doubles World Doubles Championships, and to have our defending Tornado World Champions also win the World Cup (nation vs nation) championships held at the same location in Nantes France.

And all the US winners were first-time Worlds and World Cup participants, with absolutely no practice time on the new single-goal-player Tornados, or the other countries' four other sanctioned tables.

It does look like Tornado, the current dominant table in North American tour play, will acquiesce to some French and German power officiating to go back to single goalplayer rods after 20+ very successful years here with the 3 goal player rod'ed tables.  The other emerging table and tour, Warrior, also started with a 3 goal player rod in 2003, but came out with the single goal player rod last year.

If you have a Tornado table, there are adapter kits with the accursed "FRAMPS" and adapters for the rods.  End of two or more great eras in US domestic foosball.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 01:33:25 AM »
Shelti makes a conversion kit, includes ramps & hardware to replace the wingmen (extra goalies).

Offline alaris

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 03:03:57 PM »
Single man Goalie:   Bonzini 
www.BonziniUSA.com
Table you used to play on?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:10:51 PM by alaris »

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 03:57:24 PM »
Here's a link to the Shelti 1 man conversion kit...
It's an "iffy" fit on other brand tables... you might get some use out of it however.

http://shop.foosball.com/1gocokit.html

If you have a Tornado... i'd urge ya to keep it a 3man goalie!  You'll be more at home when looking to take your game to the next level if you find a local pocket of Tornado foosers in your areas.

Take a look at http://schedule.foosball.com to see if you lucky in having a $X thousand dollar tournament in your state/area!   If you do... you might match your home table to what the local foos sharks use!  Happy Foosing!  Jim

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 11:18:56 PM »
Thanks for the input fellas, i am starting to get used to the 3 man goalie setup after playing for awhile now. I might just leave it the way it is, besides my local bar has a table that has the 3 man goalie setup.

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »
 I see that this post hasn't been active for some while but I just thought that I would post what I did here.  I took my three goalies out to go to a one goalie ramp version. I went to Lowe's and bought  an acrylic sheet, 2 millimeters thick in the glass section. I then brought it home and used a box cutter to cut to the dimensions that I needed.  I then super glued some spacers I had left over from my TV wall mount into the corners to set my ramp height to slightly higher than 5/8 of an inch.  And since I'm in Alabama fan I went ahead and spray painted the ramps Crimson.  If I knew how to post a picture I would  lol