Foosball.com Forums

"Highland Games" vs. "Harvard" which is better?

"Highland Games" vs. "Harvard" which is better?
« on: April 13, 2009, 04:35:21 PM »
I have a chance to buy a Highland Games table or a Harvard table.  Both are used.  I have very limited information about both.  Both have 3 goalies.  The Harvard table is cheaper, a more traditional "furniture" kind of look, with lots of wood.  The HG table has a very modern look, with a speckled grey paneling on it and a black playing surface with black and silver men that have a vaguely "robotic" look to them.  If both tables have roughly equal reputations, we'll go by looks (my vote is the HG but her vote is the only one that counts).  I know you don't have much to go on, but I'm still asking for at least an opinion as to who is the better maker.

Thanks,

Steve

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: "Highland Games" vs. "Harvard" which is better?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »
I'd say that since her vote is THE VOTE compare the two tables accordingly:

1. If the den or gameroom you'll be placing the table in is more of the rustic "woody" furniture look, take the Havh.

2. But, if its more hitech'y with the entertainment center and bigscreen and surround audio, take the scottie.

3. If it's gonna move around (den to living to patio to garage and back), get the lighter one!

4. Harvards are easy to get parts for, check your source for the bot men and compare.

5. Check to see how scoring sounds and feels like on both... see which you can live with.

And a slick surface and/or ball might actually be more fun, making an equalizer for any guest.