Foosball.com Forums

cherry coin-op

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: cherry coin-op
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »
The inside of the lower cabinet looks like a Shelti ProFoos III Coin-op.  Is there a Tornado ID Plate located on the endwall (White endboard, left of the goal opening)?

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 01:50:24 PM »
no such ID plate.  Hmm...is this a counterfeit?  i could see modifying a non coin-op to accept quarters, but that would mean converting to a split top as well....seems a bit far fetched.  Is there a databae anywhere of tornado serial numbers?  If not, maybe i will call valley and see if they can shed some light on it.

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 02:37:11 PM »
Mystery solved, thanks to Charles Mackintosh:

"The table you have is a tornado table, but a bit of an unusual one.  For a few years Tornado produced a cheaper version of their standard coin op in the mid nineties.  That is the one you have as indicated by the color, bearings, and interior design."

Anybody heard of this?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 03:56:46 PM »
never...new news

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 04:47:14 PM »
just heard back from an email I sent to Cathy Lauria at Valley, who confirmed what Charles Mackintosh informed me.  Apparently the model in question is a T-1000.  I must admit I am a bit disappointed that I don't have a top of the line table, but I find it pretty cool to have such a "rare" specimen of a tornado table!

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 09:40:22 AM »
important thing is how much did you pay and did the seller say it was a T2000 or was that your assumption since it was a coin op

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 03:47:08 PM »
Hey amblock!

What's with the white and red rags at both goals?  I'm sure you could set the rack to free play...  Is there a baby in the house?  (For Quiet Play)

I always enjoyed the uproariously good sounds of slamming goals on Tornado's.

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »
the rags are primarily for noise; i just moved to a new apartment and don't want the neighbor's complaining! 

I paid $575 for it; the seller claimed it was a cyclone.  I just assumed he didn't know what he was talking about since it was coin-op.  If i had known it was a T-1000 i'm sure i could have knocked the price down a bit.  But if i had to do it all over again i would buy the same table since I already had a moving van rented for my apartment move.