Foosball.com Forums

Foosball table - repair needed to balance it

Foosball table - repair needed to balance it
« on: October 19, 2009, 02:10:24 AM »
Hi, I have a foosball table and the playing field is unbalanced in such a way that the very center of the table is like a hill and the corners are lower than the center.  I found this out by using a simple level to see how the table is balanced.  I think the table was either like that already or the wood was morphed due to recent temperature changes...  In any case, what is the best way to go about fixing this?  The two problems with the way it is currently is that: 1) the table is unbalanced; 2) the players/units near the center of the table actually are hitting the playing surface (it's not too bad, because if I lift up the rods and spin it, they don't hit anymore).

My current two ideas are:
1) put weights on the table and hope it somehow levels it out over time.
2) try to push the legs up to elevate the corners.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
Re: Foosball table - repair needed to balance it
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:01:44 AM »
Ubiquity,

A photo of the table might help, especially from the underside. If you have access to the bottom of the playfield, one thing you can do is to glue blocks ('nailers' in carpenter terms) at each end under neath the goals and one in the middle of the playfield. Once dry, you can then take a 2"-4" running lengthwise and while holding the playfield flat (downward pressure at the center, from your description) screw the 2"-4" into the nailers. If you can't get to the bottom of the playfield you likely would need help from the manufacturer to have yours replaced.

Good luck........................................Tyler

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:30:03 PM »
Hi,
I am having the same problem with my Cyclone. I can push down on the center and feel it go down to the wood under it. I am not sure yet if the bottom can be remover and the playing field reglued to the wood underneath it or if it is a loss. I would not suggest that you bend the rods as they cost around $40 a piece. If I find a good answer I will post it here. If you find a good answer please post so I will know what you figured out.
Mike

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 10:04:35 PM »
Both of the table surface problems sound different.

Cyclone owner.

If the surface has separated or delaminated from the 3/4 board, you have a real problem. It is a thin Mylar surface with a secondary surface of plastic applied to the Mylar that forms the surface for Tornado. You won't be able to separate the Mylar from the board because part of it will be stuck and you'll rip it. This is after you tear the table a part. You can try and use a syringe and contact cement/super glue. This will work but it might be lumpy and with small holes.
Even with weights and time the surface will pop back up because the laminate was glued improperly or something happen to it, like extreme heat. No matter what it will be uneven.

UB...
You need to get pictures and/or what kind of table we have. If it is a cheaper table. We need to see the bottom. Tyler is correct. I go about it different but never the less the idea is the same. Bring the table top in line by building a solid bottom and connecting the two. 

Brad Laurine
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:55:11 PM by Arthur »