Foosball.com Forums

Deutscher Meister restoration

Deutscher Meister restoration
« on: October 24, 2009, 11:17:52 PM »
Hi I am new to the forum, and am attempting to restore an old Deutscher Meister table, similar to the one I had back in the 70s.  I havent been able to find a place for parts for this old thing, and wonder if any of you all have any sources?  In particular, I am looking for some men; this table has only two original men, the rest are TS.  Also, looking for some ashtrays.  In addition, I am having a hard time even finding pics of these old tables to go by, if anyone has any to post, I would sure appreciate seeing them.  Many thanks!

Andy Grout

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
Re: Deutscher Meister restoration
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 09:11:53 AM »
Agrout,

It's cool that you're going to restore an old DM, it was one of the 2 tables I got started on in the mid 70's. I miss those old foos parlors with rows of DM tables just waiting to eat all my quarters.

If you are restoring the table to play games on I would strongly suggest you use the TS man or current reproductions of them. The Deutscher Meister men were known for breakage then, and I can tell you the 30 year old ones I have are quite brittle. If you do find original men to use I would buy many extras because you will need them. The rest of the parts (new versions) can be found at the store on this site or on others. Getting lucky on EbAy is your best bet for original parts, and I do see the waffle foot DM men every now and then.

Here are some pics:

Good luck with your search and I'll post if I come across anything from your list.

Tyler

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 12:48:22 PM »
Thanks for the tip, that makes sense.  I've also discovered I am missing a few crucial items.  Somewhere along the line, someone put in rubber bumpers rather than the springs.  I have found a source for the springs, but am missing the red fiber washers.  Most importantly, I would like to get new bearings; is there a source for those? 

Thanks,

Andy Grout

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 08:17:44 PM »
I'm also going to try to restore an old Deutscher Meister table.....

I'm not sure if the guys I have are original... they look  O L D,  and one is broken where the pin-screw thing is holding it on....  (three bar,  center guy.... not surprising)   I'm missing one rubber bumper.... and don't have any springs.....  how can I tell what model I have,  approximate date it was made,  and what is/isn't original on it????