Foosball.com Forums

Cincinnati VIFA leagues

Cincinnati VIFA leagues
« on: November 16, 2009, 01:18:54 PM »
Okay, so I've been waiting to get an answer from VIFA on leagues this year, but since time is running out, and we actually have some players interested in playing VIFA in Vegas in March, I will get things rolling.  Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith that people will come through for you, right?

So this year I want to try a combination of using our monthly BYP as a qualifier and running some full league sheets to get people used to the VIFA format used in Vegas competition. 

I believe ours will be the only VIFA charter in the area, so I want to make it as easy as possible for people to travel to Cincinnati to get qualified.  But, as always with me, you WILL come and play each and every required week or you won't play in Vegas.  Don't even ask me...I don't fudge it for anyone.  But I will bend over backwards to make it possible for you to get here to play those weeks...including offering my house for overnight accommodations for those with too long of a drive to get home that night.

If things are the same as last year, individual VIFA membership will be $10 a person, and I'll have to collect a fee from each player to help pay for the VIFA charter (which was $300 last year).  I'm hoping Jim (our fantastic foosball location owner) will be willing to kick in a bit for the charter, but if not, the per-player fee will just have to cover it.  I paid the charter out of my own pocket last year and am still out $90 (even if VIFA comes through with the promised refund from last season).  I can't afford to be stuck with that kind of loss this year, so we will all have to work together to get that $300 paid. 

What I need to know from you guys is...do you want me to charge an additional fee each week for the VIFA part that could go towards a prize for the league winners (or the winner of a random drawing for people who attended x number of league weeks), or not charge a fee and have no prizes for league.  I don't care either way...up to you guys. 

Also, when would you guys like to play the league sheet part of this thing?  What if we added a league sheet to one of the Saturday night DYPs?  So we could do league around 5:00 or so, then have a DYP at the usual 8:00 or 9:00 start time after.  Or would something else work better for y'all? 

This is the time to speak up and tell me what you want!  After I get things planned, it is much harder to adjust. 

And I haven't talked to our local tournament director, Donna, or the bar owner, Jim, about this, so this is all very preliminary planning.  But you have to start somewhere, right? 

Thanks!

:)
Melissa