Foosball.com Forums

Who all has played foosball in Colorado, South Dakota, or Minnesota?

Who all has played foosball in Colorado, South Dakota,or Minnesota?  Are there any top pros who haven't played there or learned from somebody who lives there?

Offline Billings Semi-pro

• Front pin'n the Tornado table!
Re: Who all has played foosball in Colorado, South Dakota, or Minnesota?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 06:17:13 PM »
I played in the 2005 Colorado State Tourney but only as a vistor. 

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 01:48:32 PM »
I am from a little town on the Missouri River, Fort Pierre, South Dakota. I grew up in Rapid City where I first played foos at my Uncle Kenny's pool hall, The Recreation Inn in 1959. Later on I played in the Denver area in 1976. My first experience at the downtown Hilton was against Bob Albertson. What a great player, among many. In novice doubles the TD had to tape together TWO 256 team bracket sheets because there over three hundred teams! That year I also made it to Minneapolis for the Worlds. Before the tournament everybody was down at the local place to see Larry Folk and his partner hold the table all night. He never missed a pullkick or a slice that I saw. What a performance. Those were the days!  Oly

Offline pinalyzer

• Practice safe foosing & always wear a Knee brace
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 08:04:51 PM »
I have lived and played in Fargo ND, Boulder Co, St. Paul Mn, and others, Des Moines Ia, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Tucson, San Diego, Los Angeles, Albuquerque...played in South Dakota, just didn't live there,
John

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 12:39:33 PM »
I live and play in Fargo, ND.  There's a small group of dedicated players here.  If anyone is in the area, we play at The Turf bar on Thursday nights.  Put down some quarters and see if you can run the table.

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 03:55:25 PM »
this is bob Albertson and I played in Denver and took tom spear to his first nationals in minn where he won 17and under with gil Jackson    I taught tommy and todd lafredo and used to beat them profoundly   they worked hard to win    I beat bowers and lott in 77 nationals in Denver    half the rules at the time were made for lott  he wasn't near as good as he claims in his book      sad to see what happened to tom but we all get old   keep playing colo foos have fun
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 04:44:09 PM by king kong »