Foosball.com Forums

Charles BBTuna Dangler

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Charles BBTuna Dangler
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:34:22 AM »
Charles- I am hoping that was not you I was bidding against on Saturday's Ebay auction ITSF Competition T3000 Tornado Table. It would have been a great deal as it was In Independence Mo. The table could have been bought right, but the bid was ran up insanely high in last hour of auction.Who would do that????

Re: Charles BBTuna Dangler
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:11:23 PM »
How much did it end up going for?

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
$1100.00. It could have been bought for much less.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 02:28:05 PM »
"Snipers" are common on eBay, automating the process of bidding at the close of the auction.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 03:26:34 PM »
This table had a $99 minimum bid price to start. When I caught it  was at $350 3 days before end of auction. It remained there until morning of auction end, within an hour or two it had climed to $760. The last 30 Mins all the sudden 16 Bids and the table ended up bringing almost what you can get it direct from Tornado. I was at Applebee's having a Brewtus and everybody was looking at me like "why so upset" Only you guys know what I am talking about, the rest of the (non) foosing world could give a rats a** about our addiction problem. I made the mistake of telling my wife if I die tommorrow please put a 5 Rod (including men and handle) and a picture of her with me in the ground. She said, you said that backwards, it should be a large picture of me and (1) lonely little tornado foos man. I didn't argue and shut my mouth.

Snake

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 05:22:06 PM »
no it wasn't me...if that is a current T3000, which i doubt, you can buy a "tournament used" one for just over that amount but you would save yourself shipping which is $175-$200 these days

fair price for a T3000 if it is the current table used at tournaments...there is a T3000, so called in my mind, that is a metal wrap but it doesn't have the new men, clear side strips, new bearings, new handles, and all the cool big stickers - if it is this table, there is a good chance it has a warped surface, this is the run of tables that had the warped surface issue...that table, if the surface isn't warped, is worth around $800 tops...if the surface is wraped, I wouldn't buy it period because the only real fix is replacing the surface and that is way too much trouble

we have one of these fake T3000's at Buzzard Beach in Westport that we play on so I am VERY familiar with the table

i am super pissed i missed two different times on Brwn Mrbls which sold for $300 from an amusment place in KC...very stupid of me

anyway, who would buy that...only someone who didn't know what they were doing...none of the regular players here in KC that I know of and if it is one of them, it will surface soon but I am guessing it was someone with much less knowledge

i am surprised I didn't see that, i have regular searches that pull up every day looking...could you send me the link, i would like to see it

haven't seen you out for a while...plan to come into town one of these days and let me know ahead of time and I will make sure i'm there and we can play 5 bar wars in honor of your funeral request

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »
Charles- This is the EXACT table we played on at national doubles in St. Louis.New yellow and black handles clear side strips logos ITSF everything. It was at Cargo Largo freight salvage in Independence.I thought for sure it was you or Joe or Traynor bidding against me. You goin to TKO?

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 03:20:54 PM »
Joe would never buy a table, chris loves his table and doesn't see a need to get a new one, and i can't afford a new one - not sure who it might be if it is our group maybe Dr Bob who has the money and passion to do that but most everyone else i know owns a table and wouldn't spend that kind of money to upgrade...just ofr fun i will ask around this week and see if anyone knows

do you have the link, i really want to see the add

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 03:03:47 PM »
Tuna- The listing on Ebay expired so it's not viewable anymore. But I do have it on my personal Ebay as a watch item. Not sure I can send here but give me your personal e-mail and I will try it.

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 03:55:09 PM »
backpinrules@yahoo.com

you should be able to pull it up expired and then just copy the link like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180450586960&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 01:00:45 AM »
thats my new table snake eyes, but i'm not the ass with 0 prior bids who ran the bid up at the end. another 5$ and they'd of beat me too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390142111313&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 01:03:31 AM by mudfarmer »

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 01:04:33 AM »
Let's hope it wasn't a shill bidder artificially raising the price...

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 03:04:00 AM »
brand new for 1000 is a great price especially if you could pick it up...saved nearly $400 all together

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 06:43:19 PM »
i'm on the shores of lake texoma so it was less than 400 miles away but shipping only came out to $114 so i let them ship it

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 07:43:23 PM »
still, you did good...congratulations...lets hope this one has the replacement rods because some of these came with 3 and 2 bar rods that bend easy