Chat Area > Archives

I can't afford a Tornado... What else is good?

(1/3) > >>

CStigler:
So the deal is, my brother and I are cheap college/high-school students.  We want a really nice foosball table and have been disappointed with the 48-inch used crap we just bought (and will be selling) for $90.

We'd love a Tornado but it doesn't fit within our budget, which is $400 max.  We probably don't have the time/skills to build one completely from scratch.

What's the best foosball table below $400?  We're considering a used Harvard for $120, good deal or no?

come back trail:
"What's the best foosball table below $400?"

A Tornado. Yes, you can find a used tornado for $400.00 or less. I bought a sweet gray marble for $350.00 and I sold my Cyclone II for $300.00 which was a great practice table. It can be done. You have to be patient and vigilant in your search.

CStigler:
Where would I buy one for that much?  I live in Los Angeles and there are only three Tornados listed nearby on Craigslist: a $600 coin-op needing minor repair, a $550 Cyclone II, and an $800 coin-op.  It doesn't seem like the local market value is anywhere near $400.

snake eyes:
No deal!!! Harvard tables are possibly the worst main streamed pieces of *shist* in the world. You won't be able to pin a damn thing on it, the playing surface will bow and give everytime pressure is put on it. A couple things to look at::: Warrior=Awesome pinning, lots of control, should be able to get one around $300-$400 maybe less if you find someone that won it at a tournament and already has one. Check Craigs List I see them on there once in a while or contact Warrior directly from the website they may have some used tables. Don't rule out a USED Tornado Coin-Op, probly a brown marble (color of cabinet) they have made these tables for years. I bought my brown marble Coin-Op from one of our local amusement vendors for $250. Yes it needed some work but the playing surface was flat as Kansas and the inside of the cabinet was in great shape. Find a bar in the town with a table and find out who vends it, ask if they have any fixer uppers. I would mention a fireball table but I think since they are so new to the market about $750 for the ITSF model.  Good luck searching.

Snake

GeneT:
Call the ones on Craig's list and offer 400, ya might catch them on a day they want it out of their house.  If it says minor repair, as long as the playing surface is flat, the rest can be fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version