Foosball.com Forums

Anyone else in Australia play foosball?

Offline shift

Anyone else in Australia play foosball?
« on: October 01, 2010, 02:07:08 AM »
We're a small group of mad keen foosballers living in southern Tasmania
We'd love to play more and even represent Australia in international contests.
Can't seem to get wake up any of the Australian listed ITSF people for advice or support
We've even shipped in a Garlando official table from Europe
Keen to go... but hitting silence!
Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 05:40:46 AM by shift »

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: Anyone else in Australia play foosball?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 10:59:05 AM »
shift,

I have sent an e-mail to the Austrailian Foosball Federation asking for more contact information.  I will let you know what (if any) response I receive.

Offline shift

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 05:41:32 AM »
Here's hoping you can supply a response !

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 09:28:11 AM »
shift,

As of right now, I am still hoping as well.  If I don't get a response soon, I will start persuing contact through other channels.

Offline shift

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 04:24:04 AM »
Sorry to keep hassling... But any joy?

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 09:18:34 AM »
Hey there shift.  No response yet.  I will try the "other channels" now.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »
shift,

I have sent a request to the ITSF for any other contacts in Austrailia they they might have, or for other ways to contact the Austrailian Federation.

I will keep you updated as to any response I receive.

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 11:48:37 AM »
SHIFT!!!

I have information!

I received word from the ITSF.  They are having trouble making contact with the Austrailian Federation as well.  but they gave me some additional contacts for foosball in Austrailia.

Here is what they sent me:

Thank you for your feedback on the Australian federation. Indeed, it's a long time since we can't get in touch with Darrel Wah (the president) and Adrian Brown (the ITSF contact person).

However, we have many other contacts in Autralia: 

- Jerome Mouneyrac (jerome@mouneyrac.com ; mouneyrac@gmail.com ): very motivated to promote the game in his city, Perth, and all over the         country. We have invited him to get in touch with Darrel and Adrian. He has news from Darrel (through Facebook) and told to come back to ITSF to     let us know about the federation situation but in vain;

- Jacek Blajet (jacb@wp.pl) who lives in Adelaide;

- Jatinder Singh Dhiman (jd_jcp@yahoo.com) in Sydney;

- Mark Milner (mailto:mark@tablesoccer.com.au).

I hope that helps, and you get intouch with some other players.  Should you need any further assistance, just post here and I will see what I can do to help!

Offline shift

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 06:13:09 AM »
Afraid contacted all with only one response also claiming silence from ITSF in Australia.  Any assistance or info on how we can resurrect Australian representation, much appreciated

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 11:04:04 AM »
Shift,

Which other player responded?  Maybe, your group of players, and his group of players could work together and form a new organization for Austrailia, and submit an application to the ITSF to be the representative organization in Austrailia. 

The "existing" Austrailian Federation is not "ITSF Austrailia".  They are an Austrailian Organization who submitted an application to the ITSF to be recognized as the governing body of table soccer in your country.  My guess is that they were the only option at the time.  I know the ITSF wants to work with active federations, not just paper organizations. 

Does that make sense?

Pat Ryan

Offline shift

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 04:18:48 PM »
Yep, makes sense.  I'll discuss with Jac from Adelaide.... Can you direct me to further info re registration requirements?
(and thanks for the response(s)...)

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »
Shift,

here are some relevant documents regarding National Federations and the ITSF

http://www.table-soccer.org/itsf/documents/GBR%20-%20ITSF%20ADMINISTRATIVE%20RULES.pdf
Page 4

http://www.table-soccer.org/itsf/documents/GBR%20-%20ITSF%20STATUTES.pdf
Page 7

Essentially, you set-up a non-profit organization (an Austrailian Federation/Association), then apply for membership to the ITSF.

This is not as easy as I am making it sound, but it is the general idea. 

You could also send an e-mail ot the ITSF (info@table-soccer.org) telling them that you are interested in starting an Austrailian Table Soccer Association, since the current Austrailian Federation is not doing anything (including answering e-mails).  Ask them if they can provide any guidance or assistance in establishing such an association with the intent that the organization, once set-up, would like to apply to the ITSF to be the Austrailian representative in the ITSF.

They will, most likely, be able to give you some more information, an maybe a contact person to go to for assistance.

Pat Ryan

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »
Shift,

I have received a response from Darrel Wah, president of the existing Austrailian Federation.

Darrel says he has contacted Jerome.  If you could forward me your e-mail address via PM, I will forward your e-mail to Mr. Wah, so that he may contact you as well.

Pat Ryan

Offline shift

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 11:17:18 PM »
David@theworklab.com.au