Foosball.com Forums

Dead Ball rule

Dead Ball rule
« on: February 22, 2024, 09:30:22 AM »
In the office we have a foosball table Pro Champion by Garlando. Is it legal for somebody to control the ball and make it stop within the reach of one of his players in defense or in attack and then pause, and then all of the sudden drag the ball one side and shoot..this in the Italian foosball style is illegal, but i understand being in the office everyone wants to play with their rules and beliefs, but i'm wondering if this was an illegal even for ITSF rules.

I only found this about dead ball:
8.2 If the ball is declared dead between the goal and five-man rods, it shall be put back into play at the two-man rod nearest the spot of the dead ball.

Thank You

Re: Dead Ball rule
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 07:41:53 PM »
Yes it is legal in ITSF rules.  Just look up a few matches on youtube.com  and you will see people that shoot a "pull" shot which is exactly what you describe.  That does not make you wrong just different rules.  Maybe explain how you play and alternate which rules you are playing by?  I would equate to boxing vs kick boxing...the playing environment is the same but a significant rules difference.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 06:20:56 AM »
Yes it is legal in ITSF rules.  Just look up a few matches on youtube.com  and you will see people that shoot a "pull" shot which is exactly what you describe.  That does not make you wrong just different rules.  Maybe explain how you play and alternate which rules you are playing by?  I would equate to boxing vs kick boxing...the playing environment is the same but a significant rules difference.

Thank You for your answer,
as we are going to have the annual tournament in the office, i'd like to approach the problem like this, once all participants are confirmed, i'd create a poll to vote on which style to play with.
Italian Style, ITSF with pull shoots and hooks, snakes shoot, stop and shoot and so on, so that at least during the tournament it's clear what is allowed and what not, what do you think?

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 10:52:15 AM »
Seems like a good plan,   how did it go?   Rules similar to  ITSS are more common so i am guessing that is how you are playing? Though no reason you can't have a 2nd tourny with your preferred rules.

Only one touch per rod, if the ball is stopped/controlled it must hit the wall before being advanced via a pass or shot
No passing is allowed along the same bar or any lateral moves such as push or pull shots are allowed
If the ball is pinned it is re-served (thrown down the middle to hit the back wall in doubles or restarted from defense in singles)
In singles when shooting from defense, lifting of the midfield or forward men is not allowed