Foosball.com Forums

Which way should these foosball men face?

Which way should these foosball men face?
« on: January 24, 2011, 12:15:03 PM »
I have the Classic Sports low end foosball table and know for certain the instructions were wrong. I'm trying to determine which way my particular players should face since there is a distinct non standard curved shape to the  toe. I'm not able to find a single example of this particular shape in foosball men images on google so I'm assuming they made this one up.

My best guess is to point the round part forward to enable some sideways pointing control based on strike placement. The other side looks as if it was designed to make sure the ball goes straight no matter where you strike thus maybe better for passing back predictably.

Round side forward or backward? 

Here is a rough text sketch with the round side facing up and a slight concurve shape facing down.

--   
           ============
     ========================
========------------------========

Thanks!

Re: Which way should these foosball men face?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 02:57:13 PM »
I don't know if this helps, but my memory of these tables is that the direction the men face is less dependent on the foot and more dependent on the nut/bolt.  Without question, the men always face so that you are shooting to the right.  The nut always goes in the back of the man, with the head of the screw in the front.  The men should be made in such a way that the nut/bolt location is apparent - i.e. that you can only fit the nut/bolt on in one way.  I am not 100%, but there are certainly people on here who know more than I do who can chime in.

ClearScreen

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:49:49 PM »
Here is a pic to make things more confusing..  In this image the bolt and curved pattern are both facing upward.

I like the idea that the screw head is front and bolt is back but I wonder if anybody has experienced this concave/ curved shape.

Normally I wouldn't care but the office players are getting serious and soon we shall be playing to the death  :o

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »
bump :)

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 05:37:48 PM »
I'd say round side forward.  If the rods are 5/8" you could buy other men to try out.