Foosball.com Forums

Wilmington NC, Weather Channel, & NC State

Wilmington NC, Weather Channel, & NC State
« on: September 30, 2010, 07:52:22 AM »

Just to let everyone know. I arrived in Wilmington, NC yesterday to do the tournament set-up. Contrary to Jim Cantore and the Weather Channel Wilmington is not a disaster area. There is some localized flooding but its expected to recede by noon today. The outer skirts of Wilmington are fine with all major roads clear for travel. I saw Cantore out on South College road standing high and dry about 3:30 this morning so they are milking the weather for all its worth.

After 22 inches of rain in 2 days, the golf tournament is rescheduled for October 14th. The Boys and Girls Club foosball tournament takes place today and the finalist wil play at noon on Saturday to kick off the 36th Annual NC State Foosball State Championships.

There was a brief article about the tournament in the local paper. The Hampton Inn staff saw our truck & trailer rig and ask "Are you the foosball guys?" Maybe we can place a table in the lobby next year 

The tournament room set-up will be complete by 1:00pm today. The Bud Girls are scheduled to visit the tournament on Saturday for a couple of hours. The tournament room looks great with all of the banners. Texas Pete is once again one of our sponsors and there will be some hot sauce giveaways with each player registration.

For anyone worried about the weather and conditions here, forget about it and head on down. We're actually going to play a round early Friday morning. Coastal courses drain fast!

We expect to have a few players Thursday night coming out to warm-up. I believe we have a few from the AQBB heading down also.

Travel safely and I look forward to seeing everyone.

For our Bonzini U.S.A. tournament players- Please pass this information along to your respective Yahoo Groups and distribution list. Thanks

Alan