Foosball.com Forums

pull shot backswing

pull shot backswing
« on: October 19, 2010, 07:11:14 AM »
I have one short question regarding pullshot: exactlly how far should one go with a backswing? 8 o'clock? 9 o'clock? even more?

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: pull shot backswing
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 11:56:27 AM »
That would really depend on YOUR stroke.  But the closer you keep the man to the ball, the less chance there is for error.  Also, a big backswing can telegraph your shot (give you opponent information regarding your shot, and/or which hole you are shooting at). 

But for a good, square, pullshot, the ball will be behind the rod when the player figure strikes it forward.  So the "backswing" will most likely be in the 8-9 o'clock range, as you have noted. 

Re: pull shot backswing
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »
I'm a pull-shooter, and in my experience, my best shots are the ones with no back"swing".
What I mean by that is, my man sticks to the ball throughout the entire motion of the pull shot.  As the ball travels, towards you, the man is always in contact, first on the far side, and then gradually moving behind the ball to the point where you execute your recoil.  So, depending on how far back the ball is when you strike, I guess point of contact would be around 7:30 - 8.

When my shot is on, I don't feel the ball at all. It's all about me and my foos man.