Foosball.com Forums

More Bonzini Questions

More Bonzini Questions
« on: November 11, 2010, 04:05:52 PM »
When/if I get a Bonzini table, what sort of maintenance/upkeep is necessary to keep the table playing at it's optimal level?

Is the standard Tornado lube ok to use on the telescoping Bonzini rods?

What balls should I use?  I notice there are 4 different types for sale on this site:
http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/bonziniball.html

Bonzini White Lacquered Cork Foosball
Bonzini Yellow Painted Foosball
Bonzini Raw Cork Foosball
New ITSF B-Ball

I would probably get some of each, as I am sure each has certain specialized playing characteristics.

Any special maintenance considerations on owning a coin-op B60 Vs. a B90?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide for me.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 08:51:24 AM by jinhopark »

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
Re: More Bonzini Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 05:59:17 PM »
Jinhopark,

The Bonzini table tends to play better with a teflon lube, and the rods do glide nicely with teflon floating on teflon. I guess silicone would work but don't mix the 2 or you'll witness a weird chemical reaction that will produce a greyish, gooey mess that takes some serious effort to clean up. Whatever you start with, stay with.

I prefer the yellow cork ball, don't like the laquered white balls, the raw cork ones are nice and I haven't tried the newest ITSF ball although it would be my first or second choice on which to recommend based on the scrutiny ITSF has given.

Fantastic works great for cleaning the play surface as it leaves no residue.

Hope this helps...........................................Tyler

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:22:58 AM »
Jinho,

1. Use a teflon lube for telescopic rod tables.
2. I would suggest using the ITSF B-ball
3. A B-60 has a drop down playfield and a B-90 plays a little better due to the 1 piece cabinet design.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 09:01:59 AM »
Alan:

Can you elaborate a little more on the better playing characteristics of a B90 Vs. a B60?

Here are my thoughts of the B60:

1.  More weight for added stability.
2.  Coin-ops generally warrant a higher resale value.
3.  More easily serviceable, as far as maintenance and replacing parts.

I thought the B90 was more of a home model version, which was just less expensive...and so I hadn't even considered that the B90 would play "better" than it's coin-op counterpart.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 11:19:10 AM »
The B-90 is our tournament table and used world-wide in International events. The split cabinet design of a B-60 will allow more table top shifting over time. With the 1-piece cabinet of the B-90 play is much more sturdy. Go with a B-90 if you can.
There is more demand for a B-90 than a B-60 in today's market. In fact, we are selling more B-90's to public establishments that prefer to charge by the hour instead of going with a traditional game vendor and getting lousy servive.

AC

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 11:20:47 AM »
Are there any foosball table lighting options specifically made for a Bonzini, possibly something similar to the fooslight found here:

http://www.fooslight.com/

Also are there any table covers to keep dust and debris to a minimum when the table is not in use?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:03:46 AM by jinhopark »

Offline alaris

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »
See Alan Cribbs (BonziniUSA) for the cover and tips on lighting. Alan is the Bonzini man in the states.