Foosball.com Forums

1978 Tornado project

1978 Tornado project
« on: December 14, 2018, 10:44:06 PM »
Hey all.  I've been a casual fooser since the 80's and just bought my first home table.  It is a 1978 Tornado split cabinet c.o. glass top single goalie.  It plays as-is but I want to give it some buffs here and there and I am hoping to rely on some knowledge from here to help me with that endeavor.

First, I am trying to determine if I should restore it to as original as I can or upgrade what I can.  I don't want to devalue it if there is interest in these older tables.

To start with, several pieces of the exterior laminate are off.  Is it possible to replace these pieces?

Second, if and when I need bearings, am I right that this table does not use the same size bearings as modern Tornadoes?

Finally, for now, there are some chips in the corner ramps.  I have seen some aftermarket ramps for sale, are new T3000 ramps interchangeable?

Thanks for your help.  I will post pics tomorrow when I am home. 

Re: 1978 Tornado project
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 12:16:24 PM »
Okay here is a link to pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/n43B2S7
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:19:02 PM by Ryan Dewald »

Re: 1978 Tornado project
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 07:04:21 PM »
According to a Tornado parts supplier, current bearings will not fit the 1978 table and the bearings I need are not available new.  Does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit new bearings into it? I.e. enlarge or fill the bearing ports?  Any other suggestions?  The existing bearings are not great.