Foosball.com Forums

Is this table as rare as I think? Please help...

Is this table as rare as I think? Please help...
« on: February 03, 2011, 01:34:53 AM »
Is my foosball table as rare as I think?  It's a Patterson 'Foosball Match' Table. Coin op and in perfect working condition. Very Sturdy and has forever withstood everyday use. Everything is original, from the very unique men, to the wooden handles. This machine is so vintage, the coin slot takes DIMES! Do I own a piece of Americana Foosball history or something? I found out some very cool information about Patterson himself. These were the first tables he imported into the USA.
Check out this link: http://www.foosball.com/content.php?page=92
And this one as well: http://www.foosmovie.com/foosball_movie_documentary_history_table_soccer.htm

All the parts are still original. Cabinet shows little knicks, but obviously not affecting play.  This table is very very cool.
If you were collecting vintage foosball tables, would this is the Holy Grail.
email me if you can help me please.
stevendjavaheri@live.com

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
Re: Is this table as rare as I think? Please help...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:34:04 AM »
This machine is so vintage, the coin slot takes DIMES!

You're making fun of me now! :)

It's not rare, but definitely a collectible.  This is the table I first learned on.  Ron Olsen picked up a nice one fairly recently.  Not sure what it's worth but you might check with him.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:54:42 AM »
I consider them rare -- at least in the condition you describe.  Wish I had room for it somewhere.  If you ever sell it, be sure it goes to someone who knows/appreciates its history.  I'll bet Tyler Tornello in Florida would pay a good price for that one.  Kathy Brainard is still in touch with Larry Patterson, who may not even have one himself after all these years...

Respectfully,
Larry Davis

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »
According to the 2007 ''World Table Soccer Almanac",re: Mr. Patterson & his wife "...looking forward to the day when their grand-children are old enough to try out the Foosball table stored in his basement."