Foosball.com Forums

Legal Pass?

Legal Pass?
« on: February 24, 2011, 08:47:21 AM »

I don't see anybody doing it so I was wondering if this 5 man pass is legal. Set up on the 5-2 like a lot of passes with a toss toward the near wall. Once tossed the options are a straight lane or fake to the lane and a mini pull shot to the wall. I know you can't do a lateral movement and advance the pass with the same man from a stopped ball, but what about when it's already moving on a toss from another man?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Legal Pass?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:45:05 PM »
Perfectly legal

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:31:24 PM »
I guess you have never seen " Gummy " play. The fake lane into a quick wall is the perfect explanation of the famous Dave Gummeson " hesitation wall " pass. And then there are many versions of the Denis Ory / Ahmed Geyth stick lane series that Billy Pappas does.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I do know Dave and I get down to Mort's on Wednesday nights occasionally to see him play and his hesitation wall pass was in the back of my mind when I was asking. To be honest tho, he does it so smooth and fast it's hard to tell exactly what he's doing. I only go to the tournaments once in a blue moon to see old friends, I don't play until after the tourney is done and a few people goad me into a few games for nostalgia sake.

That may change as I had to buy a table to keep our weekly foos going and I'm getting back into it a little more. I know my 5 bar is what needs the most work so I did go down to Mort's a few weeks ago just to watch Dave and some other good players' 5 man skills. Unfortunately I ended up talking to Tim the whole time and didn't get to watch Dave much. He was busy talking to other friends after the tourney so I didn't want to pull him aside and to be honest, I like to observe and figure things out for myself.

When I tried it at our weekly foos, I got called on it but then last week we had a couple of pros here and they told me it was legal but a harder pass to get really good at.

Thanks again, especially Ice. That was pretty much the answer I was looking for. :)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:04:26 AM by Gwasshoppa »