Foosball.com Forums

Firsthand Experience with Table Quality

Firsthand Experience with Table Quality
« on: March 21, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »
I play in a monthly foosball game where we go over to someone's house who has a table, drink beers, eat chips, etc..  THere are about 8-10 of us who play - mostly ex-college players.  I have a Tornado T-3000 and another guy has a Cyclone II.  This past week we played at someone's house for the first time and he had this Carrom table:

http://www.gametablesusa.com/catalog/carrom-signature-series-burr-oak-foosball-1/

I brought over some Tornado balls (Pink and red) because he had only the white plastic balls - slick as snot.  I had so much trouble adjusting to the table that even the balls did not help that much.  Virtually no control at all. 

Some observations about the table:

Way too light.  It was being lifted off the ground all the time.
Goals would not stay down if hit hard.  Although everyone was pretty cool about it, I could definitely see arguments erupting.
tic-tacking was non-existent - the ball would fly everywhere.
One-man goalie, ramps in the corners.  I did not mind this too much, but there were a few seeing-eye goals that just kind of snaked their way around and in.
Overall quality of the table - not great.  By the end of the night, I was spinning a few rods to show everyone how much we bent the hell out of them after 2 hours of play.  I don't think we could get more than one other night out of this table without some of the rods being unplayable.

So, if you are thinking of dropping $5-600 on a table of this type, I would strongly advise you to stay away.  You would definietly be better off buying a used Tornado or spending a little more on a new Tornado or other higher-end table.

I was really shocked at just how much the difference was.

ClearScreen

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
Re: Firsthand Experience with Table Quality
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
Now you have a clear understanding of why your tournament players are so harsh on the department store tables.