Foosball.com Forums

New Guy Bad Experience

Re: New Guy Bad Experience
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 01:30:16 PM »
1.  Charles is a good source of tables and equipment -- you'll do fine having ordered from him and if there are any problems you'll get good follow-on service. 
2.  I understand you were in Denver on vacation and ran into Steve.  I'm not sure which Steve it was and/or who his partner was, but it's great that they were proactive in teaching you (so it may have been Steve Rendon).  I used to do the same thing in bars in Denver, and actually ended up doing it nationwide for a manufacturer for a number of years.  In any case, where are you actually based out of? 
3.  Just curious, what bar was it in Denver? 
4.  Definitely donate the old Whirlwind to a youth club of some kind -- we need to expose the game/sport to more of the younger folks, and at the same time you'll be able to deduct the donation on your taxes so you'll at least be getting some of that first investment back. 

Respectfully submitted,
Larry "That's the difference between me" Davis

"Ask not what the sport of Foosball can do for you,
 ask what you can do for the sport of Foosball."

Re: New Guy Bad Experience
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 01:28:46 PM »
Denver has a really big foosball scene with tournaments almost every night - the biggest being Tuesday DYP up in Boulder and the biggest at Eck's on Friday in Lakewood, (BYP).

All information and our own message board is at: www.COFoosball.com

We talk a lot of smack, but we're also always willing to help and teach - be it show up early to tourneys or just have a private session at someone's house to show the ropes.

I don't know a "Foosball Steve" so he's probably a beginner...unless it's Renny, but I don't know if Renny plays much anymore - he doesn't come to Eck's.

Welcome to the game!
X