Foosball.com Forums

Bonzini Leveling Question

Bonzini Leveling Question
« on: April 07, 2011, 05:57:10 PM »
I was curious, I noticed that on the European Bonzini's they appear to have some sort of levelers on the bottom of the legs, but on the US Bonzini versions there isn't any sort of screw/unscrew leveling type device.  So my question is, what is the best way to level a US Bonzini version?  Is there a retrofit to add the European leg levelers on the US tables?

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: Bonzini Leveling Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:12:07 PM »
Jinho,

Contact Alan Cribbs.

The tables you have do not have the ITSF upgrades.  The ITSF upgrades include having the sides of the feet on the player figures milled flat for more lateral ball control, and the addition of the leg levelers.  On the ITSF models, there is also a metal crossbar added between the legs at each end of the table for added weight and more stability.  Not sure how you could retrofit that, but it is really the least important of the upgrades (other than the score markers).

Oh, and leveling the bonzini without the leg levelers....um...well...Alan...are you reading this?  There is a way, but is would be very difficult to describe.  If you are visiting here anytime soon for work, I can show you.  Showing you would be ALOT easier than trying to provide a written description.

PR

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 11:32:25 PM »
Hello Jinho & Pat- long time no see to both of you. Jinho, if you want to see what the player's milled feet & the leg levelers are like,please call or e-mail anytime,you have my card. I'll be contacting you to see if you can foosathon at my place as the Chicagoland temps/daylight increase. I got my slightly used tournament B-90 a little over two years ago from Alan, knowing for many years of his superior counsel & products. Whatever you do to level your tables, do realize that regulation height (presumably floor to top of red rail) is 37 in. Tornado is 36 in.  I think the playing surface is about the same height, but the Bonzini wall is higher to accommodate the livelier ITSF-B ball/game.   John 

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:01:02 AM »
I just got through upgrading Tony Spredeman's men and table legs.
To have these upgrades done from the manufacturer is very costly.
We have been doing our own upgrades to save on product cost and can pass on the savings to our players.
The leg levelling modification cost an extra $50.00. (Hardware and tooling)
The ITSF man modification is done for free at this time for all Bonzini table owners in the U.S.
The heavy additonal cross bar is just too expensive from the manufacturer at this time.
We have our own upgrade cross bar system for $250.00. It adds 75 lbs to the table and increases its stability.
That's about half the cost from the manufacturers charge.
We are always working to find ways to keep cost down but it's becoming increasingly difficult.
Not all Bonzini tables in France have the leg levellers. Just the ITSF model and special request orders.
In the past, without leg levellers, the leg bolts were loosened and the legs were slighlty angled in or out and then the bolts retightened.
Didn't take long for gravity to neutralize those efforts however.

AC

Offline alaris

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »
Alan,

Do you have a picture of a table showing the upgrade cross bar system? I would be interested in taking a look at it and maybe upgrading mine.

Thanks,
Rebecca

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 11:00:32 AM »
Oh, and leveling the bonzini without the leg levelers....um...well...Alan...are you reading this?  There is a way, but is would be very difficult to describe.  If you are visiting here anytime soon for work, I can show you.  Showing you would be ALOT easier than trying to provide a written description.

PR

Pat:

Actually I should be at the Whiskey in Annapolis, MD this coming Thursday...are you going?  I can't wait to see you guys again...

John:

I would love to stop by your place and check out your table...I'm hoping that since Spree has a table, he can give Bonzini some much needed exposure in the midwest.

Alan:

I still owe you pictures of my tables so you can break down and assess everything that needs to be "upgraded" or "fixed" on them.

The man modification I will definitely be sending to you.
Is the leg levelling modification something where I send the legs to you?  If so, I will also ship those out to you as well.
What is the difference between the "stock" score markers and the ITSF score markers?
The metal cross bar upgrade sounds interesting...I also would love to see the photos before plopping down that sort of change.  Is it worth it?

Also, I want to touch up the metal men a bit...does anyone know what color Testor paint to use?  Is it Black, Bright Red and Bright Blue?  Take a look at Testor's site:
http://www.testors.com/category/135895/Testors_Enamels

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 04:11:45 AM »
JINHO!!!! see you on Thursday then.  Looking forward to a few games.

I'll show you about leveling the bonzini.

You should definitely stop by and see John.  He is a LEGEND! Oh yeah, and check out his table. 

See you next week.

((( Hi John   8)  Hope to see you out foosin sometime soon!   )))

PR

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »
Jinho,  you can always level with beer coasters as in the olden days as a short term fix but they'll slide.  perhaps some rubber grittier furniture shims.  the screw levelers are great. Yep, it will be good to discuss French style foos with Tony.  I know he likes the rustic & I figure Alan set him up right. 

Pat, I plan to attend NC state so I hope to see you in Wilmington in late September.  My mother is almost 90 so she depends on my wife & me for her care, SO...barring the unforeseen. My practice friend Steve has taken to Bonzini & I hope he also attends. He would enjoy the culture (& beach)  He helps me get the rust off but there is still lots of it. So be it,  BonziniUSA tournaments are always FUN & for a good cause & that's attractive & motivating.   John

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 10:08:25 AM »
JINHO!!!! see you on Thursday then.  Looking forward to a few games.

I'll show you about leveling the bonzini.

You should definitely stop by and see John.  He is a LEGEND! Oh yeah, and check out his table. 

See you next week.

((( Hi John   8)  Hope to see you out foosin sometime soon!   )))

PR

I can't wait to see some Maryland foosers later this week...and I definitely appreciate the fact that a legend like John lives locally to me.  John truly is a great fooser and most of all a super person that I am proud to call a friend of mine.

On a side topic, while working on a project around one of my Bonzini's I think I totally ruined the 2 bar.  I don't feel totally terrible, because I think there was a slight bend to it, which is understandable being that it was probably in a bar for 1/2 of it's 10+ year life...but due to my carelessness, there is now a HUGE bend in it, and it probably should be replaced...although a friend of mine says he can straighten it out.  I'll put up a new post to ask others about the thought of bending it back.