Foosball.com Forums

Did I get a good deal?

Did I get a good deal?
« on: June 09, 2011, 12:03:56 AM »
I just bought a Tornado Tournament Elite (I think).
It isn't a coin op, but it has 2 key locks to lift the top.
Guy bought it for his son, and he never played. Looks brand new, not a blemish on it. Is there anything printed on these to positively identify the model?
I paid 600 clams.

Oz

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Did I get a good deal?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 08:07:26 AM »
What color is the cabinet? Didnt think the elite had a split top. Snake

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 10:02:35 AM »
kind of a dark rosewood look.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 01:27:54 PM »
It is a split top cabinet? The did make a mahogany coin op. Most home models have names on them somewhere, cyclone on the side panel same with twister, storm etc. Not sure if the new elite and others have insignias anywhere. If it does have a split top its not a home model table and thats a GREAT thing! Snake

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »
The split top with no coin mechanism was the Time Play model.  They made them for a few years (couple years of dark brown and a couple years blonde).  It is a great table, especially for 600 bucks.  I have a blonde version, split-top.  Very nice table, you should get MANY years of play from that table.  I have had mine for 11 years now, and still going strong!

What is the model number and/or serial number form the table?  that MIGHT halp us find the correct model name.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 01:09:48 AM »
where is the serial number supposed to be located?
Cant find the damn keys! So cant look inside yet. course thats probably where the keys are. haha. nice

Oz

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 01:15:25 AM »
It does have 1 1/2" sides,
Legs are like recycled  rubber or plastic
Conical, adjustable feet
Round wood disc score keepers
teak faceted handles, unfinished.
hollow bars
black n yellow dudes with bedpan hats
dual angle feet on one side

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 06:03:01 AM »
when youre on the side where the balls drop out (the side where the pop-out locks are),,look towards the goal you shoot at (yellow dude's side) look in the corner to the left of the goal opening ,theres a label and a serial # plate

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 11:40:29 AM »
serial 10802
found keys too
no model though

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »
its a coin op minus the coin op mechanism and the hole they drill in the side to put the coin op in...they have made a split top non/coin every model including the current one

the models go in order - They are all T2000 until most recently - first name is how we all refer to them and the name is based on the laminet used on the cabinet)
Brown Marble , T2000
Blond , T2000
Mahogany/Cherry (this is the one you got and the one I own) , T2000
Grey Marble 30th Ann , T2000 (some of these had no Merkel, some had some, and some had all Merk)
Grey Marble not 30th , T2000 (Merkel rods...Tor best rods they've ever had)
Fridge (metal wraped sides) T2000
Fridge going through a bunch of changes and changed name to T3000 but was not complete with all the current changes and they had trouble with warped surfaced
Fridge current T3000 with all the changes...good table but not the best rods (good enough but not great like the Grey Mrbl had or the current Fireball has which are the best rods EVER by a long shot)

your firs question was, is this a good deal and the answer is that it was a fair deal...that is at the igh end of the range that these sell at but not a bad deal at all and most important, you have a table that can last the rest of your life and if you want you can spend $200 and give it all the most current updates (which isn't necessary unless you are a turnament player but some people want the latest and its good to know  the table can be brought up to current Tor standard)

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 07:56:31 PM »
Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it.
what are some of the other mods besides the rods?

Oz

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 08:13:55 AM »
New black and yellow rubberized handles, New clear sidestrips, New half sized bearings, and the New five hour tumbled balls. Snake

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 12:16:28 PM »
its a coin op minus the coin op mechanism and the hole they drill in the side to put the coin op in...they have made a split top non/coin every model including the current one

Tuna:

I'm curious...what do the inner guts look like in a non-coin-op split top?  The coin-ops obviously have a somewhat elaborate ramp system, where the coin-mechanism spins the balls up and the 9 balls roll out on to the ready ramp, but I'd be curious the balls make it to the ready ramp in a non-coin-op version?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 01:43:16 PM »
same exact thing, just no coin mech or coin box which sit on the right side and the box is under the right ramp....they make them at the same time but literally just don't drill the holes for the coin op mech....if I had to do it over again, I would buy a coin op only because resale is better but other than that, no difference in play...

I have thousands of hours on all kinds of Tornados and know them in great detail and there is no diff where as a Cyclone is pitched by Tor as being the same but it isn't...you could learn on a Cyclone no problem, and your practice will translate to coin ops that are at Tournaments but there is a difference in play and a coin op will last 3 times as long

but last, the non coin op has one advantage...when you practice, the balls just roll to the box no problem, on coin op you have to take the box out and use the rail below or jimmy the coin op and continue to push the coin mech in the get balls evey 9 ro 10...with as much as I am on a table, I think I would wear out the mechanism and I really don't like reaching in the railing like we do at tournaments to get balls...again, I probaly shoot 500-1000 times a day, divde that by 9 and I would be pushin the coin op mechanism 55-110 times a day or reaching into the rail 250-500 times (assuming I can get 2 balls out at a time)