Foosball.com Forums

whos got the shortest rise into the foosbsll top tentime wise.

whos got the shortest rise into the foosbsll top tentime wise.
« on: October 13, 2011, 02:14:44 AM »
It would probably be a guess,  Fredrico? Any fest year of tour player, I doubt it.

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: whos got the shortest rise into the foosbsll top tentime wise.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »
It wouold have most likely been someone in the seventies.  Foosball went from zero to sport in a couple of years.  So there are bound to be lots of players that went from anonymity to top ten a number of times.
But in the modern era (say 1990 to the present), it usually took a few years to reach the top ten level.  You would usually see year one, the player does OK, year 2 the player sweeps amateur and experts, years 3-4 they are competing for titles.  But those players were very young, and had been playing for years before actually "touring".  Players like this would be:  Tony, Frederic, Tommy Adkisson, Terry Moore, Billy (sort of, he turned pro at like...14 years old, but didn't really apply himslef for a couple of years, but when he did, WOW), etc.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 04:29:04 PM »
I think there should be a substantial prize for a 1st world championship /first big tournament, if they 1st in open singles. They win a extra 10,000$.
 I don't think an unknown player. Could do it. Maybe the amount could go up every year.

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »
You would have to have a very specific definition of an "unknown" player.  And I still do not think it could be done today. 

Now could someone start the year relatively unknown, and reach the finals of Open Singles by the last tournament of the year, probably.  But, they would have to dedicate themselves for the entire year to nothing but foosball training, they would need to hit just about every big and small event they could hit during the year.  And they would have to be extremely talented to begin with.  Oh, and they would most likely need a very good (top 10) player teaching them the intricacies of the game, and serving as thier mentor and partner for the year.  Then maybe, just maybe that player could win open singles, but not too likely, unless their mentor was not also playing  :)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:28:35 PM by PatRyan »

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 07:56:09 PM »
Even. Here in alaska I hear rookies and new players say they could practice. Hard enough and go win the. Worlds first time out. To be honest I thought the same thing I thought how serious. Or hard did people. Practice. Foosball anyway. Its just a game. When I was 13 I also thought I could train for a couple of months and beat Bruce Lee. That's why I think so many people. Would try. Then they would start showing up to as many tournaments after getting the bug for top level playing.  There could. Be smaller extra pots of winning. Lower turtles.

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »
I use my android for these posts that's why there's missed spelled. Words and caps where there shouldn't. Be. In my last post I meant turtles not turtles. Funny huh.

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 08:22:35 PM »
(Titles ) NOT TURTLES)

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 03:02:05 PM »
(Titles ) NOT TURTLES) ..
;
I like turtles better... All the best on your first World Turtle!