Foosball.com Forums

Garlando ITSF ball

Garlando ITSF ball
« on: December 10, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: Garlando ITSF ball
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 12:20:53 PM »

Is the new Garlando ITSF ball http://www.table-soccer.org/news/index.php?news=534 the same as the new ITSF B-ball? http://foosdirect-store.stores.yahoo.net/newitsfbball.html I know branding is different but they look alike.

This is the Garlando ITSF ball: http://www.libertygames.co.uk/store/games_room_spares/football-table-accessories/itsf-speed-play-competition-ball

Actually, none of those are the current ITSF "official" ball for Garlando.

A few years ago, the "Official" Garlando ball was the "Speedplay" ball (the one in your third link).
The ball was not too bad, but still needed some improvement.
About a year and a half ago, they came out with another ball, the "Proplay" ball.  This was an improvement over the Speedplay ball, but still not great. Since that time, 2 ball have come out for Garlando.  One is a newer version of the Proplay ball, and then also a "High Control Kicker Ball" (HCKB).  As of right now, the "official" ball for Garlando ITSF tables is the HKCB.  The Proplay ball is also approved for competition, but not at the World Championships or World Cup tournaments for the ITSF.  Essentially, The HCKB is supposed to be a grippier version of the Proplay ball.

The ITSF "B" ball in your second link is the ITSF "Official" ball for the Bonzini table.  Although it looks similar to the Speedplay ball in your first link, there are differences.  The speedplay ball is harder, and plays significantly faster.

The newer Garlando balls are orange, a little"fuzzy", and made of a slightly softer compound that the Speedplay ball.  This makes them a bit grippier, and slightly slower.  None of the Garlando balls are great, but the 2 newest one are definitely better (IMHO) than the speedplay ball from a few years ago.

PR

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 03:43:18 PM »
yup, there were also the Barenherz Magic Ball, and the Barenherz Classic Ball which preceded the Speedplay...

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 04:05:16 PM »
The Barenherz Magic ball is probably the best overall ball for the table.  Lots of players prefer that ball for Garlando.  It is not, however, the "official ball" for ITSF sanctioned tournaments. Which is too bad, because it is a very good ball.

PR

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 03:13:55 PM »
Thank you all for your help!

Yes, I have read a lot of good opinions about the Barenherz Magic ball and I think it would be my best option. The bad thing about it is that I could not find it in the US, so it's not going to be cheap to get them.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 10:13:42 AM »
Be careful of where you buy the 'magic' ball.  Alot of suppliers have Baerenherz balls and claim them to be the magic ball but aren't.  Baerenherz have several balls that look the same but play very different.  Pay the extra money and get them from the source:

http://www.coinoperatorshop.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_164_165_325&info=p4709_Baerenherz-Magic-Soccerball.html

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 10:17:35 AM »
Oh, and by the way, I agree with PatRyan and the consensus - B's magic ball is the best ball I've tried on Garlando so far.  You'll need a few hours of play to wear off the outer coating of the ball, but then they grip nicely.  They lend themselves well to a euro pin type game.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 03:07:08 AM »
As of today, what is the official Garlando ball, and is there a way to purchase them in the USA?
I have a G-2000 outdoor table, so I am also curious about converting the rods, or finding replacement parts if needed.
Matt M