Foosball.com Forums

Foosball every day at work!

Foosball every day at work!
« on: March 25, 2006, 08:36:46 PM »
Last October our group got a cheap foosball table for "team building". Well it was a $200 delivered Overstock.com table and we had two players with some experience a number of years ago. About 16 of us are using the table regularly.

Fast forward a few months. Many of us are now playing 2-3 games of foosball a day. Our table which seemed cool initially is weathering rather badly. The playing surface flexes noticably and is now extremely uneven. It can't be leveled easily.  It moved really badly until I put non-stick pads under the legs. The bearings are getting bad and require a lot of lubrication. The foosball frequenly pops right back out of the goal after a good hit, the players won't stay up if you are playing singles.  We started out with cork balls, moved on to sheltis and started playing a bit with tornados.

Now some of us are getting rabid about foosball and staying after work to get the good(relative term) players together. We start wondering how we are going to upgrade our table...

Flash forward to a couple weekends ago. My wife wants some hotwings after some hiking and we stop into a Spicy's. I ask a few questions about their T-2000 coin op and the owner comes over to talk with me and says that people are mostly using it as a large coaster for beer and that he was getting ready to take it home and store it.  Hmmmmm.... So  I say if he is willing to sell it reasonably, I'd be willing to pick it up.

Last Sunday he gives me a call and tells me I can have it for $550 if I come down right now and take it away. I was loading it up 30 minutes later. That evening I was ordering parts for it. On Wednesday I got my parts to fix it up. One rod, 9 nuts and a full set of bearings just for good measure. The table cleaned up beautifully and plays perfectly. I opened up the coin mechanism and put in plugs and removed one tumbler so that it doesn't require coins, but otherwise works as before.

Now the tough part... My kids are really enjoying this table. My wife is playing too.  They all understand that I got the table with the intent to bring it into work, so now it is staying home for a month or two while I get every inch perfectly clean.  Playing the table at work was painful before, and now it is getting harder...  The guys at work know about the table already...

Still I'm having fun with my new table...  Any bets on how long I keep it at home?

Re: Foosball every day at work!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 06:42:31 PM »
Wow, sounds like you got a great deal. Good luck on getting it out of the house away from the family!

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 11:27:21 AM »
I was curious, do you think anyone would be interested in some different Foosball wallpaper?

I'm not sure if anyone likes these shots, but I'm a bit of a photography nut and was playing with some different perspectives.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 05:50:13 PM »
that is a pretty sweet pic...

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 09:07:58 PM »
I agree i have it already as my screensaver!!

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 06:37:11 PM »
If these guys are addicted as much as we are i am not going to give it long! I would have it confiscated by now and playing as many tournaments on it as i could....You are on the road to alot of satisfaction from doing something well with alot of practice. Welcome to the Family!!

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 11:16:45 AM »
Well I think the table may get into work in a couple weeks. The smell of smoke is gone after a lot of fabreeze and cleaning the whole table from top to bottom.  Fabreezing the underside was the last place I had missed.

Here are some 1920x1200 resolution images.

http://www.knoxvilleweddingvideo.com/Photos/foosball/fooseball_close_radial.jpg
http://www.knoxvilleweddingvideo.com/Photos/foosball/fooz_CIMG0350.jpg
http://www.knoxvilleweddingvideo.com/Photos/foosball/DSC_6504.jpg

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 10:54:03 PM »
ARGHHHH!!!!!

So I'm playing with my kids at home. Two of them against me.

My daughter starts getting excited and then suddenly decides to pull her two goalie rods out and support herself on the two rods.

I had just replaced the two man rod and it "was" perfect.  Not any more. It's not bad enough for me to replace again... <sigh>

Oh well, it's just a toy right?