Foosball.com Forums

Ruling please?

Ruling please?
« on: December 31, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »
The ball is sitting motionless under your 5b. You hit the ball cleanly thru your opponent's 5b then,as the ball is moving toward opponent's goal you hit it with a 3b man directly into the goal. Illegal pass!  right? because hitting the ball with your 3b represents "contol", after all it did go into the goal. HOWEVER here is my question: same course of events but instead of the ball going into the goal, it bounces off the end wall ,ie, forward & back thru opponents goal area & you catch it on your 3b.  Your ball on the 3b, or illegal pass ?

Question based upon 23.1.3 : It is not considered an illegal pass from the five-man rod if a stopped or pinned ball deflects off the same team's three-man rod providing it was not caught and there was no controlled advancement by the three-man rod.

& the definition of "deflects" as :to turn aside or cause to turn aside,bend, or deviate. :-\    Anyone, Bueller,  anyone?  :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:55:20 PM by jkhFoos »

Re: Ruling please?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »
Don't know why this rule bothered me so much-Anyhow, found out controlled advancement, in this case, is forward using 3 bar man to hit the ball toward goal, immediately illegal.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 04:27:35 PM »
My interpretation of 23.1 and 23.1.3 is that if you don't "catch" the ball, then there is no foul. If the ball deflects into the goal, it was just a ***ty shot and shame on you, but no foul. :)

The keyword here is "catching" the ball.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:03:38 AM »
Wrong. The keyword here is "controlled advancement" which is what took place if you deliberately swung a man at the ball and hit it. Ergo: illegal pass.