Foosball.com Forums

70's TS million dollar brown top project

70's TS million dollar brown top project
« on: February 06, 2012, 11:11:07 AM »
Hi. I have a coin op brown top Tournament Soccer Million Dollar table that I want restored because I used to play it alot when I was a child. I accuired it third hand in the late 90's. does anyone know where i can get a parts table or playfield parts for mine. All the rods and other stuff is easy to find, but I've had no luck with the rainbow colored side strip that my table is missing. also think I need to replace the butcherblock laminate on the outside of the cabinet.

Re: 70's TS million dollar brown top project
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 01:40:33 PM »
They haven't made these new for years, so your best bet is e-bay/craig's list/kijiji etc... It'll probably be really hard to find any that aren't beat up either, since most people who kept their table pristine aren't likely to part ways with it as a parts table. Best of luck.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
Yeah. I've been reading up on the history of the TS company - intresting. I'll probably have to get some some irreplaceable pieces made at a graphics place or somthing. I've been watching craigs list and ebay, but nothing that can't really be restored is popping up. It will be fun (and costly) I'm sure.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:30:05 PM »
See my post on your other thread for leads on new parts for old TS tables.  Also, there are more recently made Tournament Soccer Blacktops out there as well, with most of the parts being interchangeable.  WICO outside of Chicago used to be the importer/supplier, but I think they sold out their inventory about three years ago -- not sure to whom.  Another table using TS parts is Great American; see the Thompson Sporting Goods website: 

http://www.foosballstore.com/products/description/530.cfm

One further place to search might be coin/amusement industry suppliers, such as those listed here:

http://www.vendingconnection.com/ypamuseparts.html

Hope that helps you complete (if not expand) your search...

Larry "I Foos, therefore I am" Davis

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 08:31:14 AM »
Hey Buffalo,

I don't kniow if you are still wanting this but I am restoring an older Brown Top Home Model Table and found a Parts Table north of Minneapolis/St. Paul.  He had it posted on Craig's list for sale but the table itself was well beyond repair so  I talked him into parting the table out for me, rods, men, bearings, etc. as they all looked to be in good condition as well as the playing field which has the rainbow graphics that you are looking for. He should be shipping the items to me shortly.  Let me know if you still need the playing field.  In the mean time here are some pictures of my Tournament Soccer Brown Top Tables.  Enjoy.

http://s839.photobucket.com/user/mickpick63/media/6cb6446c-6661-4e99-9524-d3d901c12a58_zpsdc383071.jpg.html

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 12:34:43 PM »
Hey Buffalo,

I don't kniow if you are still wanting this but I am restoring an older Brown Top Home Model Table and found a Parts Table north of Minneapolis/St. Paul.  He had it posted on Craig's list for sale but the table itself was well beyond repair so  I talked him into parting the table out for me, rods, men, bearings, etc. as they all looked to be in good condition as well as the playing field which has the rainbow graphics that you are looking for. He should be shipping the items to me shortly.  Let me know if you still need the playing field.  In the mean time here are some pictures of my Tournament Soccer Brown Top Tables.  Enjoy.

http://s839.photobucket.com/user/mickpick63/media/6cb6446c-6661-4e99-9524-d3d901c12a58_zpsdc383071.jpg.html

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just purchased a coin op TS Brown Top that I'm in the process of restoring.  The playfield is in fair condition but it has a few hairline cracks.  I'm looking to find a way to repair the playfield (preferred) or replace it if possible.  I can't find a new playfield anywhere, so mickpick63 - I may be interested in yours if you still have it.  Let me know - thanks!