Foosball.com Forums

position when defense has ball?

position when defense has ball?
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »
What should the offense do when your defense has the ball? I usually turn my rods up towards the opposition's goal, although I suspect this may not be best. Do you often put down your guys to get a pass from your defense or wait for the ball to turn direction to come down to go for it?

Offline crazy8

Re: position when defense has ball?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:15:33 AM »
This can vary from team to team.  Whether I am in goal or in the forward position, if the ball is in the defensive zone - no matter who has control - the offensive 3-bar is down and against the far-wall because the passing-shooting series used by our team expects it to be there.

If you are playing with some random goalie and/or have no set series (i.e. the ball is just gonna come flying out from anywhere, at any time) you'll probably want a reply from someone else about 'how-to install a ball-magnetic in your 3-bar'.

If you and a partner are developing a stategy - I submit that it's easier to retain control of the ball if you can anticipate it's likely, or possible, path.

There many variations - often depending upon where the goalie sets the ball before executing (i.e. against the far-wall, on one of the lines, against the near-wall, etc) - and where the goalie want you to be at a given time.

I would be great for others to expand on this topic and begin discussing zones and zone-breakers.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:55:40 PM »
The other thing to focus on is being ready to drop your 5-bar in case the opposition blocks a 2-bar shot with their 5-bar.  This can be very important - you don't want to work against your goalie - especially if he/she is struggling to clear he ball.

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 04:24:32 PM »
Good question. I guess I always have the 5 lifted back so as to defend quickly as mentioned before. But the three row I sometimes play with the foot reaching towards the goalie in case he is a fumbler. You know, to rebound the ball.