Foosball.com Forums

70's Tournament Soccer Hanging Light (WIW)

70's Tournament Soccer Hanging Light (WIW)
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:10:53 AM »
I came across a gentleman that has an old tournament soccer hanging light from the 70's that looks to be in fairly good condition. I was just curious to see what something like this is valued? Any feedback would be great.

Re: 70's Tournament Soccer Hanging Light (WIW)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »
Nice.  I know myself, Tyler Tornello and probably Dave Gummeson (among many other past T.S. players/memorabilia collectors) would all love to have that.  But the only sure way to know it's current market value is to put it up for auction on eBay.  Of course, I'm probably driving up the price early by saying so, but I'd start an eBay auction for this at no less than $100.00.   

Very respectfully,
Larry "I Foos, therefore I am" Davis

P.S.  I still need to follow up with you on that book... 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:16:19 PM by LarryDavis »

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Larry

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 12:50:30 PM »
Speeddemon,

I just did an EbAy search for stained glass hanging lamps and the $$$ for your style lamp, without a logo on it, is in the $140-$250 range. Larry's suggestion to start at $100 would probably get some bids a fair amount above that. You could also put a reserve of say $150 or $200 that must be met, if you have a minimum acceptable amount in mind. I too don't want to drive the price up but I would also like to see you do as well as possible with the item. Wisely using a reserve could give you some good feedback of it's worth without having to take an offer below what you would accept. It would also let you start the bidding lower to get more people interested, which could ultimately drive up your final selling price.

Tyler

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 07:44:20 AM »
Speeddemon, you are putting together one awesome Mancave/foosball room. I'm so jealous!

Now you've got me wondering about some of my old Tournament Soccer stuff. I have a T-shirt with the Quarter Million Dollar Tour logo underlined by "Professional Foosball" on the front and a big advertisement on the back that says, "4th Annual $110.000.00 Tournament Soccer International Championship, Denver Colo., The Regency, AUG. 29 - Sept. 1, 1975. HANDLE TO HANDLE COMBAT. Anyone have any idea what it's worth? It's not in mint condition,  it has a few small hole in it but still wearable in public, like to a big foosball tournament where I intend to show it off if Fireball ever has one near me.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:01:58 PM »
Buckshot

I use to collect heavy metal shirts and sold my collection off around 2009. I have a pretty good idea of what shirts sell for and the condition they are in. I will shoot you an email.