Foosball.com Forums

Pull/Push Shot Rules

Pull/Push Shot Rules
« on: March 17, 2012, 06:48:23 PM »
Hi,

I had a question regarding the rules around a pull/push shot and time limits which I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere else.  From everything I've read you should have a 15 second time limit of possession on your front 3 man bar.  Am I correct in assuming during this time your free to move and tic-tac the ball from player to player as much as you like?  Also, when setting the ball up for a push or pull shot, is there a time limit on the amount of time the ball can be still for?  On most push or pull shots I see, the ball usually stays still for a few seconds while the player evaluates the field for where they want to aim the shot.

Thanks for your help!

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: Pull/Push Shot Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 02:40:28 AM »
Yes, you have 15 seconds on your 3bar to sit still, or tic-tac and otherwise move... Starts the moment the ball is within touching distance of any of your 3bar figures.  Before 15 seconds, the ball must leave the 3bar's range of control, either going forward, as in a shot, or backwards.
;
In face, you can pass backwards to your 5bar's (or even all the way back to your goal area of control) possession if the time limit is approaching and you can't see a hole with the shot/s you're using.