Foosball.com Forums

Snake shots getting air

Snake shots getting air
« on: January 22, 2013, 04:39:15 PM »
Hey guys, I'm back again looking for some knowledge or experience with people who've played much more than I have.

I've got the basic snake shot down and can hit the 3 main holes fairly well. The couple of times I've played on a Tornado it's certainly felt better than on my Shelti, and didn't notice the following problem like I do on my table.

When I shot really hard sometimes, at the speed I feel like I should, I noticed the ball gets a little air and will hit the rod or top part of a guy of the 2 bar or goalie.

Anyone experience this before? Am I not setting the ball up right? Maybe it's just the way the table is built? These Shelti guys have huge feet, which I thought would be better for my Euro style of play, but it's just not as solid as the Tornado's I've played on.

Re: Snake shots getting air
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:58:23 AM »
Sounds to me like you're not hitting the ball right. You should find out what's going wrong first: Place the ball in front of the man a couple of times and shoot, varying the distance from the rod, then look where the ball is going. Maybe it's a little too far from the rod when you hit it... After finding out, work on the toss.