Foosball.com Forums

Euro Front Pin

Re: Euro Front Pin
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 04:23:54 AM »
@DeMarco, it's a MARVELLOUS vid. I love it so much!! I watched tons of vids on youtube with bad quality and without slowmos. It's much easier to "work" with such a fine vid! Thank you for sharing.

Guys, let's get back to basics.
When setting the ball on the edge of the goal one should set the man slightly on the outer side of the ball. This is the German way. This is what Dieter Thiele is doing on the pull side... but it's the same setup for the push side. Also, if you notice on the slowmo Collegnon is curving the ball on the long push. Not as much as I would :) but still he curves the ball which helps him to square the ball more easily.

Now, on the tail. It's a standard setup and the attacker can go long, middle, straight (not seen in this match) or diagonal (I love how he shoots it). It's not a tail in this case. There are some German players who even in these days setup the ball everytime for a long pull - no walks, no rocks - just timing and precision on all the options.

It's a different story if the ball is set in the middle of the goal and to start the push shot you need to setup the man on the close side of the ball -- that's definitely a BIG tell. For 2 balls distance it should not matter where is the man is located on top of the ball to have effective shot. Otherwise you have a dead solid tell.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:26:20 AM by Malamir »

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »
@DeMarco, it's a MARVELLOUS vid. I love it so much!!

It's a different story if the ball is set in the middle of the goal and to start the push shot you need to setup the man on the close side of the ball -- that's definitely a BIG tell. For 2 balls distance it should not matter where is the man is located on top of the ball to have effective shot. Otherwise you have a dead solid tell.

You can always rock the ball to hide the shot or use some fake´s. You can move to one direction and then shoot to the other. But beware not to make it a pattern, unless it's on purpose. You can move left and then shoot right twice or thrice :P and then you move left right and shot left, that way the goalie wont know were you are really shooting at.

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 04:52:43 PM »
If you like watching Euro Pin shooters play on German tables, you're gonna love this: Foostorrents' youtube channel

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 07:42:39 AM »
@thebodygroove: Thank you for the link. It looks very promising.

@garabdorje: You are absolutely right! This is exactly my point. You should be able to score left and right without the need to set the man at some specific point on the ball. It's only for the long shot that you need to set the ball at the side.

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 03:31:19 PM »
@Malamir

My point exactly :)

I love german foosball the most that's why I am the proud owner of the first and only Tecball table in Mexico :D thanks to my good friend @FOOZUL and his shooping spree :) 

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 09:50:12 AM »
Fans of the Euro Pin should browse the Foostorrents vids and look for players like

Collignon (surprise)
Jamal Allalou
Marc Balic
Christian Szüle
Ruben Heinrich
Frank Brauns
Uli Stoepel
Thierry Müller
Gilles Perrin
Dirk Wahl
Michael Strauss
Ronnie Falk
Stefan Schoderer
Markus Salewski

Some old videos can also be found on that channel. Some of them feature German Foos legend Dieter Thiele. Don't miss those!

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 12:19:01 PM »
thebodygroove

Thank you for remanding me of the Foostorrents!

Collignon what a surprise! xD

Jamal Allalou - bad temper guy, Collignon's sidekick :P

I saw some videos of Mar Balic they where pretty good :D I still need to watch most of them :)