Foosball.com Forums

Euro pin Shot options?

Euro pin Shot options?
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »
Besides straight, left and right, what are the other options that originate from the front pin. 

Also, can anyone give any tips on how to learn a cutback?

Re: Euro pin Shot options?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »
Besides straight, left and right, what are the other options that originate from the front pin. 
Realistically, anything?

Cindy Head shoots a lot of pullkick / pushkick options off of a Euro, and push/pull reversals are also effective from time to time.

I think the most effective options that you missed involve fakes/hitches, such as Collignon's quick hitch to one direction, and then bringing it back just a little bit to split the defenders. You can also quickly hitch to one direction and then bring it back aggressively to hit the long.

Some people are excellent at bank options from a front pin set. These are usually hit by bringing the ball all the way to one side with one man, and striking it as a bank with another. The near wall bank would happen by bringing the ball right to the switchover point with an outside man, and then very quickly striking the ball with the middle man off of the near wall. The far wall bank would be accomplished by bringing the ball to the switchover point with the middle man, then hammering the ball off the far wall for a bank with the outside man (you can also hammer is straight in this scenario for a dink shot)

Also, can anyone give any tips on how to learn a cutback?

2 different methods:

1) When performing your toss, put much more downwards pressure on the ball. This causes the toss trajectory to be backwards as well as sideways. The toss otherwise should have the same speed and strength behind it as you normally do for a crisp long. Swing at the ball like you normally do for a long, but because of your toss, the ball is in a prime location for a cutback.

2) Toss the ball slower, but the rest of your execution should be the same as for a long.

I find method 1 much easier to do. I shoot a Euro as primary on Tornado.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:18:55 AM »
Sam, thank you for your answer! Initially I was going to answer something like ".. well the Euro is all about fakes and walking the ball... "  :) but your answer is much better and opens the horizon for shots other than - euro push side, euro pull side, euro - flip-flop.
It really opens the horizon.

I would like just to clarify some points of your advice. I really don't get all the terminology (me still young and inexperienced..) Where is the "switch over" point? Is it the same as dead-man spot in front of 1st of 5th man? If not how can I find it.

If you have a video of this shot would be perfect!

Thank you once again.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:53:49 AM »
I think this is the best video source if you want to watch Euro Pin shooters. You will almost never see any banks or cut backs there. Top players use the 5 holes and lots of hitches and fakes.

Watch out for players like

- Rico, of course
- Marc Balic
- Christian Szüle
- Gilles Perrin
- Ruben Heinrich
- Thierry Müller
- Michael Strauss
- Uli Stoepel
- Tom van de Cauter
- Rocco Raven
- Jamal Allalou
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:17:34 AM by thebodygroove »

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 01:03:56 PM »
Check out this new tutorial from Ezequiel Cervantes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap8RCYskGWM

Very easy to understand and very helpful :)

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 09:00:10 PM »
awesome.... wish that was up when i was trying to teach myself the front pin!

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 01:02:53 AM »
awesome.... wish that was up when i was trying to teach myself the front pin!

I feel exactly the same! An year ago I couldn't find much about front-pin euro shot. I wish I could have this 1 year ago... Thanks for sharing!

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 03:20:48 PM »
Your welcome Malamir!

We where all in the same boat! xD

In my case I had to download videos from youtube and watch them in slow motion using VLC player.

I searched in english, french, german, spanish, italian and belgium. I saw so many videos that now I have to wait to watch new ones xD

I watched some german tutorials that help me out greatly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yDeZ6iObOU

www.pin-shot.de

I also had to read lots and lots of forums, it was easier using the Chrome translation tool to read from the german forums and other languages...

Damn Ezequiel Cervantes what took you so long xD

I am glad the video help out, thank you Ezequiel for bringing us this tutorial :)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:24:14 PM by garabdorje »

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 09:02:18 AM »
I'm just a rookie who shoots a mediocre Roller, but I was taught the theory of the Euro Pin by some German Pro Masters. Based on what they told me, the Euro Pin is quite a delicate technique. If you strive for consistency, there are many different aspects of the course of motion to be taken into consideration - many of which you won't find in any of those youtube tutorials. So I'd strongly advise you to look for a solid Euro Pin shooter and have him explain the shot to you in detail.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 04:37:02 PM »
I honestly think you can learn by yourself and YouTube, I was able just from observing the videos and reading on forums a lot, to comprehend the motion necessary to have consistency on my shot. I am able to shot straight to holes   1 and 5 and can shot diagonally and  I have a descent long push pin shot. What I need it now is to practice practice practice! xD And play on tournaments, but I live in a Foosball dead zone  :(.

You wont find those aspect of course of motion in most of the videos, but if you look carefully you will find some clues and in some videos they clearly show you how the motion is done. But they are in german xD so you can only guess what they say.

This is a good video, I remember watching it I honestly don´t know what his saying I only watched his hand motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqmLVF-pFpQ

I guess it depends also in the way that each of us learn, I am very visual. I know people that depend more on their hearing and people that are very kinetic

Or maybe owning a Tecball help me a lot xD I use to own a Tornado but I could not get use to it. I sold it and bought a Tecball, I cannot be more happy with my table  ;D

I am right with you that having some else teach you is always better, but sometimes you are not in a position where you can find that some one. Also having a pro coaching you would save you a lot of time.

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »
I'm just a rookie who shoots a mediocre Roller, but I was taught the theory of the Euro Pin by some German Pro Masters. Based on what they told me, the Euro Pin is quite a delicate technique. If you strive for consistency, there are many different aspects of the course of motion to be taken into consideration - many of which you won't find in any of those youtube tutorials. So I'd strongly advise you to look for a solid Euro Pin shooter and have him explain the shot to you in detail.
Can you have Todd Loffredo's pull shot? :) I bet not. Not with that speed and that ease. It looks like pure speed and no power needed.
I think it's a common misconception that the other shots are easier. I've seen kids with worse rollover than my euro pin. Or even worse pull shots. The cool thing with euroshot is that it is fun. :) I don't think I'll get to pro-level but I enjoy playing the game and I like to think I'm improving. (yeah, that's a nice thought)
As for the masters. I know few masters in the town. They all have a different technique for the front-pin  (roll the handle like germans - all the way to the wrist; 2cm roll like Rico :); or even europin without palm roll). I must say that it helps to ask for advice on your shot. But generally you are developing your own "personal" shot.
Don't cut your wings because you don't have masters around :) shoot the shot and have fun!