Foosball.com Forums

North Dakota foos

North Dakota foos
« on: May 12, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »
I seem to be the only North Dakotan visiting this forum. If anyone is out there, shout back to me.

I am putting on a tournament in Grand Forks on June 3rd if anyone is interested, reply to this and I will get you the information.

Re: North Dakota foos
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 12:23:27 AM »
From Williston. Love foos. Where's the place to play in Forks?

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 02:09:52 PM »
There are about 4 bars around town that have a tornado table. I am putting on a tournament at Suite 49. I rented a couple of tables. Just trying to spark more interest for the game in this area. Hopefully I can get enough people.

Offline hack

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 12:52:02 PM »
So, I have visited several towns in ND in search of foos. Here's what I have found so far:

1) Minot has about 3 Tornado tables in it's bars. There are some decent players but not much activity. The most activity I know of is pick up games at the Idle Hour bar in neighboring burlington. Frustrating, cause this is where I live.

2) Dickinson has the best foos scene that I know of with a league and scheduled tournaments (with several events!) at Bernie's Bar.

3) Cando has some good players...

4) Devil's Lake has alot of Tornado tables, but I could not find any players. The tables had some stiff rod action on them so I guessed they had not been played on.

5) Bismarck, one Tornado table at bucks, in bad shape and no players?

6) Grand Forks? Fill me in, how did your tourney go?

7) Fargo--can't find players there, only know of one Tornado at Ricks bar.

Please post with your town's foos scene. I have gone to Brookings, Huron, and Aberdeen to play. I was amazed to hear some people complain about their hour drive for the event. GF, Fargo, and Bismarck players--wherever you are, it's time to get something going. You are the closest big towns to SD and you could possibly draw some players from there...

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 03:23:43 PM »
My name is Tj Tooz I live and run tourneys in dickinson, my cell# is 260-1816 call anytime for foos action in North Dakota.  Lets get ND foos rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline hack

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 01:44:07 PM »
TJ,
Jason here. Get your pals to post on this board, since it has this state specific posting. I know there's a guy from GF who posted on here, let's see who else will start posting. Everything's in line for a DYP in Burlington next month. I just need to come up with a flyer--email me your last one and I'll canibalize it. Later, J

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 07:26:13 PM »
Whats up Tooz, This is Matt Perry. You should let me know the next time you are having a tourney in Dickinson. There is nobody to play in Bismarck and I hate not getting any good games. My number is 880-2076. 

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 07:31:44 PM »
Jason,
Where is Burlington and what is the date?

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 08:27:44 PM »
I am from Bismarck, ND And if someone would host a tournament my brother and I would be willing to come and play

Offline hack

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 09:56:22 PM »
Burlington is about 8 miles west of Minot. We are having a DYP at the Idle Hour Bar, on Friday March 9th @ 8 PM. Entry fee is $10, with 2 tables running. One is new and the other has been reconditioned so it should play well too. I have put up flyers around town (minot) and called all the foosers I know of, but I'm not sure what to expect for the turnout. It should be a fun time though. I know a draw your partner is not a big deal for most of the players that post on the boards, but as far as i know there isn't much going on in the state. If we get a nice turnout Friday we may do a Bring your partner or some other event on Saturday.  Let me know if you guys can make it! And if not send me some contact info so that I can find some foos in Bismarck, etc> I would love to see some kind of a player base develop in this state!
Jason Long

Offline hack

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 10:03:50 PM »
Oh yeah--one more thing. Tables are Tornado.

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 06:56:15 PM »
There will be about 5 or 6 players coming up from Dickinson for the tourney.  I will be bringing an additional table for us to set up, so we will have a total of 3.  It should be a pretty fun night of foosin.

Offline marty

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 02:40:39 AM »
hay are montana foosers welcome from a small town its a long way to go but if i can get off work that friday, would like drive over. just started playing again after 20 + years never seen a snake shot in
person just video

Offline hack

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 12:49:57 PM »
Absolutely! Montana is a long drive but chances are good you'll see a snake shot or two! Burlington is about 8 miles W of Minot on the map along highway 2/52...PM me iof you need any details

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 05:26:32 PM »
Played in Burlington many times...good foos, cheap beer, always fun and entertaining!  would definitely like to see the DYP carry over to an open doubles on the 10th. Count me in!!!