Foosball.com Forums

Self improvement game

Self improvement game
« on: July 01, 2013, 11:05:56 AM »
Recently a master told me a simple foosball game for improvement of attack (5b and 3b).
The game is played without an opponent but in "real-game" passing and shooting speed.

1. You set the ball for starting position.
2. Execute the ready protocol
3. You execute pass 5b to 3b which you have called with "real game speed" (not just some random pass with slowmo-like speed) - lets say wall stick pass.
4. You catch the pass with the 3b and set it for your shot (let say pull shot)
5. You shoot with the 3b shot which you have called - let's say pull-shot long
6. You score - you get 1 goal.

BUT if you lose the ball in any occasion
OR the pass hits the 5b
OR you lose the ball possession
OR you spend more than 10s on 5b or 15s on 3b
THEN the virtual opponent scores 1 goal.

The game is played until 5 goals.

I must say that I played this "game" for 3 weeks and my game on the 5b has improved. I must say that from 5 games I usually get 1 or 2 games. But I think I'm on the right track with this method. Its just so easy to lose the ball...

The masters train the passes 3 times more than they train the 3b shots - so.. they adjust the game to 3 passes from starting position (without the shot setup) and once they have 3 passes they make just 1 shot. This variation (from what I heard) is hard even for master level.

Have fun and please share your view on this game or any other game you have for self-improvement.

Re: Self improvement game
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 11:58:04 AM »
Thanks man!

Im a little late off the gate, but I like your little practice game. Keeps practice fun and a little less like work. I lose more often than not, but I'm sure in the long run it will do well for my game. Foos On and Thanks again!