Foosball.com Forums

Secondary shot?

Secondary shot?
« on: August 26, 2013, 06:03:50 AM »
I primary shot the front-pin / euroshot. I'm still newbie.
Should I try learning the snake or the pull-shot as a secondary shot in case it's 4:3 and I need only 1 goal but I have shot the euroshot for quite some time and the goalie gets better reading my shot?

Re: Secondary shot?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 10:51:11 AM »
No. Don't switch to a shot that requires different mechanics. What you need is more options for the same shot. You get blocked every time when you're shooting at holes? Then start shooting at the men. You just can't hit the corners long and deep? Try the 3/4-holes. All your quick shots are lost? Then switch to waiting for 14 seconds before you shoot.

If you look at guys like Pappas and Adkisson who have killer secondary offensive series, don't forget that these are Pro Masters who have spent half of their lives (or more!) behind a Foosball table. For most of us normal people, it takes way too much time to learn a secondary shot well enough to win with it.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 07:06:18 AM »
Thank you Groove.
I think you are right. I lost the game because I failed to add some variation - I should have "sit on the ball" or to try to shoot 3/4 holes. Instead I stuck to what I do best - shoot at the bars from the center...

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »
The Euro-Frontpin's biggest advantage is the amount of options. You can go short, long and super long; you may use cut backs, dinks, and, above all, fakes of all kinds. Some guys even incorporate bank shots. So whatever your problem is, you should always find a solution.