Foosball.com Forums

Shooting from 3bar, hand movement distraction?

Shooting from 3bar, hand movement distraction?
« on: January 06, 2014, 11:32:48 PM »
You set up your snake-shot at your 3 bar. Once pinned you move your left hand from the 5 bar to one of your goalie rods. You then shoot your snake-shot with your left hand on one of the goalie rods. Distraction? Illegal shot?

Is it illegal to shoot with your left hand anywhere but the 5 bar? Or maybe there is a set minimum amount of time you have to wait after adjusting your hands before you can make a shot?

Do any of the rules in the rulebook address this scenario?

Thanks.

Re: Shooting from 3bar, hand movement distraction?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »
I have no knowledge on the matter, but I'd hope that wouldn't be illegal. It seems as though you should be able to play your defense however you want. Just my opinion though. I'm curious to find out the actual answer myself.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 12:55:02 AM »
This might be the answer here, from rule 20.4:

"20.4. It is considered a distraction, after setting up a shot, to remove a hand from the handle and then immediately shoot the ball. The ball may only be shot after both hands (and/or wrist) have been on both handles for one full second."

It seems like the shot should be legal as long as you wait one second after both hands are on rods, before shooting the ball. However I see no specifics about which handles the player must be gripping in order to make a shot. If anyone disagrees or knows otherwise, feel free to chime in.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »
In singles, rule 20.4 only applies to a set shot. Your description fits this case, so you'd have to wait a full second before shooting.

If the ball is live the rule doesn't apply. This is particularly true in singles due to the transition game.