Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Brown Marble Questions

Tornado Brown Marble Questions
« on: March 24, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »
Greetings Fellow Foos Enthusiasts!

I recently purchased my first Tornado. It's a coin-op Brown Marble with the old Tornado logo on the field. I'm looking for some information about the table.

I did a Live-Chat with a rep from Valley-Dynamo. He said that early serial number and manufacturing records are scarce if not nonexistent. He referred me to you guys as the font of Foosball Knowledge.

Specifically, I'd like to know when/where it was manufactured and I'd love to have a digital copy of the sales brochure. Anyone had any lucky finding info about the old Brown Marbles?

Re: Tornado Brown Marble Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 05:59:58 PM »
Welcome to the board. I can't speak specifically about brown marbles, other than I used to play on them, but if you can upload photos of the table, playing surface and serial number I'm certain one of the resident experts will chime in.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

Still love to see pictures just because and I'm sure theres people who can give you more specific with that, but there's some info. :)

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 02:05:42 PM »
Thoughts on this brown marble?  Asking too much?

http://wausau.craigslist.org/tag/4392991431.html

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 08:26:56 PM »
Looks like a nice table for the age. If it turns out to be offer $400 cash and see what happens.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »
Looks to be in good shape.  If you can get it for less, that's great.  But you're not hurting yourself at his price if it's as good as it looks.  Make sure the playfield is flat and the interior walls are not loose.  There is something just below the goalie rods on each side on the outside of the cabinet.  Could be a chip on the formica.  Not really an issue though because it looks minor and doesn't affect play.

If you buy it, reposition the men.  Yellow goes on the coin side. ;)  Really not an issue at all.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 06:05:56 PM »
Finally remembered to upload the photos!

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 02:39:57 PM »
Looks nice. Good find. Were the handles updated to new handles? Looks like it from the pics unless those are just the wraps. Also I don't see the white side strips on the playing surface. Another possible upgrade?

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 05:15:03 PM »
Good eye. I installed the new tournament handles and replaced the white bumpers (after 4+ hours of scraping and scrubbing the 20 year old glue and grime off the edges). You may have noticed the after market cup holders, too! I think they're essential for 'Foosball Night' with the guys. I also made the coin mech free play and painstakingly cleaned each bearing.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 04:47:16 PM »
Nice job with the upgrades. Cool cup holders! I've been wanting to upgrade my gray marble but haven't made the time to do it. Looks like you have a good one that will last a long time.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »
Thanks, Come Back Trail!

So, back to the original questions. Does anyone have sales/promotional material from these old tables?

How much did they originally cost?

Is there any way to determine the exact year it was made?

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 10:22:08 AM »
I know this thread is old, but I thought I would answer the question asked.

I am the original owner of a Tornado black marble coin-op
Serial Number: 204478, purchased in January 1994 for $1170.00
Still have it, still plays like new.

So, back to the original questions. Does anyone have sales/promotional material from these old tables?

How much did they originally cost?

Is there any way to determine the exact year it was made?

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 01:40:50 AM »
Finally remembered to upload the photos!

That is very nice, I'd love a table as nice as this. Do you play on it much and where did you get it from?

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 09:40:44 PM »
I've seen metal cup holders that attached to the end of the table under the scorekeepers.  I've been trying to find the website where I saw them but I can't seem to find the website now.  I prefer not drilling any holes for the cupholders.  Please help.  Thanks.