Foosball.com Forums

Replacement parts

Replacement parts
« on: April 05, 2014, 03:58:24 AM »
Hey guys ! So I just bought a Harvard Tournament 2 Foosball table (I know they're discontinued) and I was wondering where i would be able to buy replacement bearings. The ones I have now are like plastic rings but thats it. Also, how do I clean rust off of rods? The rods are 5/8 and the wall is just under 1 1/2.

Re: Replacement parts
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 07:11:42 AM »
Try eBay for bearings. Search for foosball bearings and lots of different styles, sizes, and shapes pop up. Maybe one will match what you need.

To clean rust off the rods, crumple some aluminum foil into a ball, sprinkle some water on it, and rub on the rod. Should get the rust off without scratching the rods. If the rust is more than superficial, there will probably be some dark pits remaining but the rods should still slide smoothly.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:18:50 PM »
Thanks for the comment. The bearings are supposed to have actual ball bearings right? A lot of these ebay "bearings" Don't even have actual ball bearings. Also, what if my bearings are just the plastic ones? Is there a way to lube them up for easier rod sliding?

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 12:47:30 PM »
The bearings depend on the table. Most higher end bearing are just plastic. Used 100% silicone to lube it, a drop on each side of the rod spun through the bearing. You don't need much. Just clean rods with rubbing alcohol and reapply as necessary. Good luck.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 01:00:55 PM »
oh really? Just 100% silicone? I thought the good ones all had ball bearings lol will the silicone be all messy after I apply it? or what

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 01:40:51 PM »
Yes, most "bearings" should actually be called "bushings", no balls. Silicone works well, and a little goes a long way, just a drop or two on the rod and spin it in the "bearing".

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 06:07:38 PM »
Oh I see lol will do ! Is this just ordinary silicone that can be found at a store or do I have to go to a specific type of store? Is it messy?

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 08:03:44 PM »
They sell on this site foosball silicone. Might be the same stuff you can get at the store, I'm not sure. And not messy.

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 08:16:46 PM »
bearings bushings? you can't assume that a good table has bushings and a cheap table has bearings. a good table has a combination of good strong rods and  good bearings not too mention  sturdy sidewalls,playing field,legs ect.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 11:02:41 AM »
Also, where could I get some tubing for connecting the ball dispensers? It has a hole under both goals and then theres another hole where the foosballs are supposed to collect on the sides. Where would I be able to find the tubing for this?

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »
PVC pipe from Home Depot? Or maybe Warrior? links removed. spam. sorry.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 06:41:09 PM by macfoos »

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »
ah I see thanks! Are the abacus score keepers expensive? I want one that would go with the table that doesn't look like a cheap plastic one

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 04:48:52 PM »
Search around and see. Do you know about Google ;-)

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 02:44:31 AM »
Indeed I do buy i've only been able to find one on Amazon but nowhere else :(

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:28:46 AM by kgstewar »