Foosball.com Forums

does anyone know what model this is?

does anyone know what model this is?
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:01:43 PM »
first, thanks for the help finding a good table - as a newb to this forum, I appreciate it

I am thinking this is maybe a blonde?

looks like a Tornado coin op based on the nameplate and presence of a coin op mechanism - I think I see what look like bearing nuts and maple handles - it also looks like roll pins not screws holding the men in place - looks like maybe one of the rods has a thinner wall (maybe replaced at some point?) - on ebay currently at $202 a couple hours from me - banged up a bit per photos, but seems to be all cosmetic

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:25:29 PM by bkfamily1 »

Re: does anyone know what model this is?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 08:50:26 AM »
From BBTuna's thread

Blonde – 1997 - 2001 This was the first color change at Valley ... it matched their ZD-7 pool table - $400-$550 consistent all the same, plays much different than the Brown Marble and has become my least favorite of all the tables

You really should read his whole post which you can find here

http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

This doesn't mean don't buy the blonde. Its just information. If the table is in good condition for the right price and you want it, buy it.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:17:35 PM »
CBT - thanks for the reply.  I did read bb's whole post about what to buy.  But not having seen a blonde before, I was unable to definitively identify the table in question.  I am guessing that is what I am looking at, but am unsure.  I was hoping someone who had seen one before could confirm what I believe.

Thanks,

Bryan

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 05:54:50 PM »
I do not think that is the "blonde"  as the blonde is a lighter color.  That looks like more of a reddish hue? 

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 06:24:50 PM »
CBT is correct, that's a blonde. Looks a little dark but I think that's just the lighting. "Cherry" coin-op is much darker.

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 07:49:09 PM »
Maybe different year blonde had slightly different shade? I have bought and sold a few tables and and have run across 2 distinct "lighter" table colors.  the reddish tinted like this and a brighter color i always took for "blonde" 

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 08:04:32 PM »
Maybe different year blonde had slightly different shade? I have bought and sold a few tables and and have run across 2 distinct "lighter" table colors.  the reddish tinted like this and a brighter color i always took for "blonde"

That's interesting, and I have actually seen some variation in Cherry coin-ops with some looking redder and some looking browner. Maybe the laminate sources would change during the run of these tables.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 04:35:45 PM »
well, thanks for the input - I ended up purchasing the table in question - can't wait to get it home later this week - I will get photos up once I pick it up

thanks again,

Bryan

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 04:46:53 PM »
You can send Tornado the serial number and they can tell you exactly what it is. Good luck and happy foosin!

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 12:51:45 PM »
You can send Tornado the serial number and they can tell you exactly what it is. Good luck and happy foosin!

I've contacted Tornado on several occasions and here is their reply:"These tables clearly far predate the current serial numbering system, and we have NO serial number records from Tornado history (http://www.valley-dynamoparts.com/tornado_faqs.asp)"

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
Worked a few years ago for me but it was for a newer model table. Oh well.