Foosball.com Forums

Dynamo table

Dynamo table
« on: June 23, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »
I am possibly looking to buy an old Dynamo coin operated table from the mid 70's. Not looking for something brand new but would prefer something that is playable and doesn't require restoration. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Re: Dynamo table
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »
Ahhhh...first started playing in '77 on a Dynamo coin-op at the Pinball Rally.  Thanks for bringing back the fine memories moonbeam.  Don't know where you could score one today, other than keeping a close watch on Craigslist.  I saw one posted 3 or 4 weeks ago in Columbus, OH.  I think some patience will be needed if you are dead set on a Dynamo.  Don't see them very often anymore.

Offline tydy

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:28:20 AM »
http://lincoln.craigslist.org/spo/4486248566.html

Lincoln Nebraska. Table has been listed for awhile. Price has dropped from $500 to $350. If I hadnt bought a glass top table last fall, I'd be grabbing this one. Its almost worth it just to have an extra piece of glass.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 01:44:12 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Silversurfer1, I started playing in 1973 or 1974. I have many fond memories of my playing days including local tournaments. Even played when I went to college. Missed a few classes because of it too. I had the best goalie in the college. We teamed up after a playing a few games against one another's team. Even had a Dynamo table too! I've played on different tables but dynamo was my favorite. Seems like they were the fastest table to play on but maybe that's just old memories. Loved making Grand Slams as we called them, where the ball came back out the other side after scoring a goal. I am dead set on an old Dynamo table. I don't care for the newer table especially with 3 men on the back line. Takes away from requiring talent to block or make quick shots but that's JMHO.
tydy, I looked at the link you provided but said expired. However, thanks for the info.
I have a few leads on a couple but they have a picture of soccer ball in the middle instead of Dynamo lettering. Yet, they are true Dynamo tables according to the owners. Even have the true Dynamo corners too!

Offline tydy

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 10:48:41 PM »
I took a screen cap of the listing that has the pic and his phone #. If you want, I can email it to you

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 03:12:02 PM »
PM sent. Thanks

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »
I guess it depends on where you live but if your patient and keep checking craigslist something might pop up.could be months though.
http://lancaster.craigslist.org/tag/4547827302.html
http://lancaster.craigslist.org/spo/4546947083.html
the first one they have been trying to sell for at least six months. the other two are recent. been some in beetween that time that have seemed to sell or they gave up.

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 09:35:17 PM »
Hey Moonbeam, how close are you to Indianapolis? 

http://indianapolis.en.craigslist.org/fuo/4551994665.html

This is a very fresh listing...good luck!

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 09:38:33 PM »

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 04:21:14 PM »
Man Caveman, the first one looks like what I'm looking for. Looks like the veneer has been taken off or peeled off.  Thanks for the link. Sliversurfer1 that brown looks pretty cool. I'm in Marietta, Ga. but I will drive to where ever I need to purchase the machine I want.

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 04:48:20 PM »
pretty crappy pictures in the first listing, what venneer do you see peeling? it looks like the playfield slides out for maintenance/replacment and they took a picture looking down on the men with the field out if thats what you you meen.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 10:13:17 PM »