Foosball.com Forums

40th Annual NC State Foosball Championships

40th Annual NC State Foosball Championships
« on: September 01, 2014, 04:46:28 AM »

I will post more detailed information soon. I can be reached at the Bonzini U.S.A. office on Sept. 18th -19th for any additional needed information.

Alan

Re: 40th Annual NC State Foosball Championships
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 01:32:35 PM »

I will post more detailed information soon. I can be reached at the Bonzini U.S.A. office on Sept. 18th -19th for any additional needed information.

Alan
We’re just a few weeks away from the 2014 North Carolina State Foosball Championships being held at Break Time Billiards in Wilmington, North Carolina. This will be the 40th Annual event held in our state crowning champions in the sport of table-soccer aka “foosball”. To give some perspective on its longevity, gas was .55 cents a gallon in 1974. The tournament is unique in the aspect that it has never truly had a manufacturers backing. Each and every tournament held for 40 years has been driven and organized by players. In 1998, we were able secure a partnership with the Bonzini table manufacturer that has solidified and grow our player base here in the mid-Atlantic region. I cordially invited players interested and supportive of Bonzini U.S.A. to join us for a fun-filled weekend of foosball. We are trying to get our past champions to come out and play or at least see how their legacy has advanced the game. We are once again supporting the Brigade Boys and Girls Club in the Wilmington area with this event. I would like to thank fellow foosball friends Cal Rogers and Brendan Flarherty for their support with our golf tournament event on October 2nd at Castlebay Country Club in Hampstead, NC. We are radially approaching $175,000.00 in charitable donations generated with Bonzini U.S.A. Foosball Tour events. I am grateful to the sponsors and players that have supported us throughout the years and the positive image for foosball that our events deliver. Next year promises to be an exciting time for Bonzini U.S.A. as I get to return home from working out of state for quite a few months. The 2015 tour is being planned and should be finalized in 3 weeks.
On side note, I was at an Irish Pub recently with a friend listening to some live music. One musician took a short break while the other stayed on stage and kind of “freestyled” a musical piece. The expression on his face and the piece of music flowed with emotion and passion. You could tell he was oblivious to the audience. It was a definite reminder of how many of my fellow foosers played the game years ago, when they played the game for themselves and not the audience. I hope we get to see that kind of passionate play this year at the 40 Annual North Carolina State Foosball Championships.
Come join our celebration at the nation’s oldest foosball tournament event.