Foosball.com Forums

Open-Hand Palm Roll

Open-Hand Palm Roll
« on: September 17, 2014, 12:27:07 PM »
Hello Everyone,

First time poster here, but I've been lurking around foosball.com for a quite some time now. Trying to learn as much as possible from all of the information on this website (which is A-MAZING by the way). My closed-hand shot has come a long way. I first thought mine was decent (for a rookie), but couldn't understand why my shots couldn't go faster, why it was so inconsistent, and why my forearm would hurt after a few games. Thanks to you guys, and ICEMAN's excellent explanation, it has become blistering fast and significantly more consistent after I read this post:
http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=1579.0

Now I'm trying to learn the open-hand palm roll so that I can increase the power in my bank shots. Currently I'm using closed-hand for my bank shots, and it seriously lacks power. I've been having problems learning the open-hand palm roll, and I have tried to search around but I haven't found any good breakdown. I've also tried watching Unreal Foos banking video where he kind of explains the open-hand roll, but it hasn't helped me.

Does anyone know where I can find some good information on it? My current open-hand palm roll is practically non-existent. The shot feels really awkward every time I try it, and I have made little to no progress on it. Can anyone recommend a good read on it or anything?

Re: Open-Hand Palm Roll
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:12:53 AM »
You might want to watch how this guy does it. The explanations are in German but you can still see the execution pretty well.