Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Thunder table

Tornado Thunder table
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:55:55 PM »
Any suggestions in transporting a Tornado Thunder table? Looks like the legs are integral to the table...

I understand I can remove the rods by taking off the handles and bearings, getting one side free and pulling the rod, with men, out of the table...hoping to avoid that. Haven't ever replaced a handle or man (although I'm sure I can do it if necessary)

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

-Dan

Re: Tornado Thunder table
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 02:57:22 PM »
Used to play Foos for hours a day on a coin op table in my fraternity house and in the bar I worked at...loved it, only play once or twice a year now. THis table fell in my lap. Looking to get back into it!

Thanks,

- Dan

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 04:53:08 PM »
Any moving suggestions are most welcome. Going to try to give it a shot this week.

- DAn

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 03:27:17 AM »
I looked at Valley's website and they have no info about this model. The legs will come off one of two ways. Either you can unbolt or unscrew each leg individually, or the entire end of the cabinet can be unbolted. In this case, the cabinet end and legs are one piece.

I am leaning toward the second scenario. Do you have the table? You should look under it and see if you can figure out how it comes apart. Failing that take a picture and post it on the board...or just call Valley Dynamo, who make the table.

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:28:14 PM »
Thanks. I'll try to check it out tonight. It's at a friend's house, behind 2 standard size doors... will also try to take pics.

-Dan

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 08:03:42 PM »
Do you have a truck?

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 10:04:05 PM »

1) mid to large SUV can work, but ya need to measure and likely remove the bars; place some thick cardboard down or plastic to allow the legs to slide on your carpet.
2) Rent a Uhaul trailer for $20, and strap it down...
3) A friend and a pickup truck is the best.. lock the rods somehow, and block it and strap it in so it doesn't slide around at all...
4) Have it delivered by the seller or a budget mover... get a firm quote

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 03:55:46 PM »
I have a good size minivan, but that would for sure require removal of the rods. I have another friend with a pickup who would likely help, but I'm guessing the rods are coming off just to get it out of my friend's house...

Going to check it out and measure and see about pulling the legs so we can carry it out sideways... may be my best bet, particularly since I need to get it into a basement without a very wide stairway.

THanks, if I encounter problems I'll be back here asking more questions, and if anyone is familiar with this particular model, please let me know! Thanks!

-Dan