Foosball.com Forums

Does anyone know how old this is?

Does anyone know how old this is?
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:56:30 PM »
I just bought this table and love the brown top. When my roommate in the mid 90's had a TS table, the legs were straight posts. Mine has angle legs which I have never seen before. Can anyone shed some light on the year this was made? https://flic.kr/p/pfngwA
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:25:15 PM by Bayvillages4 »

Re: Does anyone know how old this is?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 11:02:29 PM »
What you have there is the "Home" or as some call it the "Practice" version of the Brown Top TS table.  The Brown tops were the last in a series of tables that TS made and yours is somewhere between 1979 and 1981...when TS went under.   TS made both the 4X4 leg models and Slant leg models like yours, they are less common though.  In fact to the best of my knowledge TS made 7 - 8 different versions/styles of the "Dark" Butcher Block tables....which are my favorite....TS also made a "Singles" style slant leg brown top coin-op table but I am only aware of 2 that exist, the one I have and another in Washington state.  Nice looking table!!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:13:27 PM by mickpick63 »

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
mickpick63, thanks for the reply. Is the "Home" version any less durable? Do you know what this would be valued at?  I just reconditioned it and all the parts are original from what I can tell. One final question too...one of the goals has a slight lip to it on the floor causing a little "ramp" as you shoot into it and therefore causes the ball to "rebound" onto the field again. My guess is moisture from a spilled drink warp the wood a little.  Any idea how to fix it?  Can I buy a replacement field anywhere?

Thanks so much in Advance

George

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 12:41:58 PM »
In response to your question about durability,  compared to other TS tables they are all built with pretty much the same quality the difference lies in their weight which plays a big part in the stability of the table during hard play...yours being probably the lightest of the models and the Coin Op versions being the heaviest.  As far as value it is kind of hard to gauge...I am a Craigs List-A-Holic when it comes to the TS tables.  I have seen fully functional Coin Op tables being given away just because the owners just want to get rid of them to some people thinking their partially complete table is worth $600 or better.  I guess it all depends on your location and what others are asking for their tables.  As far as the playing field goes once they start "swelling" due to moisture it is pretty difficult to get them back to original condition if at all possible.  I do have an extra Brown Top playing field but it has the Rainbow Graphics on the ramps and side trim where yours doesn't.  Where are you located?  I am north of Madison, WI    Hope that helps.

Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season

Mike
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:55:06 PM by mickpick63 »